Hacking Please Help Me Decide.

• Thread starter lousk
  • Start date
  • Views 1,077
  • Replies 5
L

lousk

OP
Could you please tell if there is any difference between these three flash cards other than the obvious?
Any pros and cons other than the size and media type?

M3 Perfect Lite & Passcard 3 Bundle

M3 Perfect Mini-SD & Passcard 3 Bundle

M3 Perfect SD & Passcard 3 Bundle

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe they all use the same firmware (M3 for SD), so theoretically they should all perform and do that same thing. The only difference would be the aesthetics and price (not exactly sure, but this is most likely the case). The others problems that may occur are finding the appropriate card for the device. Not much of a difference. The SD version sticks out, so you might not want that.

L

lousk

OP
I hear that the M3 Perfect Lite (microsd), other than it is the smallest, it needs to add or remove a shell of some sort from the main cart in order to use it between GBA, SP, DS and so on.

Please confirm.

L

lousk

OP
I forgot to add
G6Flash Lite 4G & Passcard 3 Bundle
and
M3 Perfect series

Any other major difference between the two, other than internal, external memory and price?

Thanks

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I hear that the M3 Perfect Lite (microsd), other than it is the smallest, it needs to add or remove a shell of some sort from the main cart in order to use it between GBA, SP, DS and so on.

Yes, that is true. Most sites offer the GBA shell with the M3 Lite. Some other sites may require you to purchase it separately.

They all use the same firmware, so the real problem lies with the SD card. The best micro SD is the Kingston Japan, which it kind of hard to come by. The mini SD has a lot of possible cards, some being as fast as 150X.

I personally have the Mini SD Perfect and it is great. (I have DS Phat).

From my understanding, the G6 is faster at loading games because of the built in memory. It makes all games with almost no slow downs.

Hope this kind of helps.

-Suppachipmunk

member67444

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since your question hints that you a new to this whole thing... you most likely want to go with a slot-1 solution. And if you want gba support then get something like the ez 3-1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I didnt have school today