Please help driving me crazy.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by yummy mummy, Sep 15, 2008.

Sep 15, 2008
  1. yummy mummy
    OP

Newcomer yummy mummy Newbie

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] Please help i have recently purchased a new version of the r4 sdhc revolution for ds (ndsl/nds). Ihave downloaded version v1.20 software but i am having problems storing games on the sd card (i am using a sandisc 1meg and 4 meg card). I have managed to load some game but when i add more i loose the lot and the screen just says loading. Is there any thing i am doing wrong. Please can someone help as this is driving me up the wall. [​IMG]

2. Predator04

Newcomer Predator04 Advanced Member

United States
    its not a real r4. maybe someone else has it and can help

3. noonzascript

Newcomer noonzascript Member

Australia
  4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    have you loaded the cards up and not left any data for saves? i have no idea how that clone kit works or the hacked together firmware.

goodluck!
    -another world

5. yummy mummy
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for all your help. I have tried everything but it looks like i purchased a fake r4 off e.bay.I have been told by the r4 team that it will not work. Many thanks to all who gave me advice. Thanks Nikki.

6. yummy mummy
    OP

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] Thanks for all your help. I have tried everything but it looks like i purchased a fake r4 off e.bay.I have been told by the r4 team that it will not work. Many thanks to all who gave me advice. Thanks Nikki. [​IMG]

7. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds like yur using the wrong firmware entirely.

Did it come in a box? is there a weblink on the bottom of the box?

there are several of these newer R4 style cards out there, and the firmwares arent normally interchangable.

http://www.r4sdhc.com/download-en.htm

http://www.r4ds-a.com/download-en.php

http://r4dsl.net/download-en.asp

The latter has links to an R4-II as well... i think this was a true R4 clone, i.e. a card without SDHC support.

I own an R4-III (has sdhc), and the Advance or SDHC versions firmware both stick at "Loading..." for me, only the III firmware works.

Once you find the correct firmware everything else is exact to the R4, skins, config files, moonshell, etc etc.

P.S. you wont find much luvin here (some but not much), there are a LOT of "R4" fanboys who refuse to believe the R4 is DEAD and insist that any clone with the letter R and the number 4 is an evil clone (ever heard of a clone being better then an original [​IMG])

8. yummy mummy
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hi many thanks for your help. I will try them out to see if any of them work. Thanks