Hardware Please help, changed RAM and now PC isn't working

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added another 4GB RAM. I unplugged everything and added it. Now, when I plug everythint back in (Yes, HDMI too) it doesn't show up on my screen.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried taking the new RAM back out? Could be incompatible with your motherboard, even if all the specs are the same.

Alternatively, if the computer's working but you have no video, it's possible you knocked something else loose inside the system.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried remove the ram & booting again? It might be that the new ram is incompatible with the old one.
just tried that and it worked. And then I tried putting the new ram back in alongside it and it didn't work. Then i took out the nes ram again and it won't work. Video won't show up with or without the new stick now.

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you think for a second to check if your new ram was compatible?

There's loads of ways. Only certain ram works with certain processors / mobos

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you think for a second to check if your new ram was compatible?

There's loads of ways. Only certain ram works with certain processors / mobos
I checked for a while before purchasing it. But now I have another issue, I got the RAM working.

I ordered the PC prebuilt. It was sopposed to come with a MSI motherboard, but I noticed it says ASUS on it... am I missing something or is this not sopposed to happen?
20150813_151008.jpg

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether the motherboard is from MSI or Asus doesn't make much practical difference. However if you bought it prebought and it uses different parts than advertised, that's false advertisement. Speak to your retailer about that.
I wont report jack unless it doesn't benefit me. I was sopposed to get MSI AM1I AM1 CV X16 2D3 M32 GL MITX, but I actually got Asus AM11-A. Is this good or bad for me?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The Asus has two more rear panel USB ports than the MSI and a better BIOS interface. The MSI has a mini-PCIe port which can be used with a range of laptop parts (mostly WiFi cards but also mini-SSDs and the like), where as the Asus board has two PCIe x1 ports (one designed only for WiFi cards, from what I've read). Generally, the Asus board is reviewed as more "fully featured" with a higher price point.

You decide which is better.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Asus has two more rear panel USB ports than the MSI and a better BIOS interface. The MSI has a mini-PCIe port which can be used with a range of laptop parts (mostly WiFi cards but also mini-SSDs and the like), where as the Asus board has two PCIe x1 ports (one designed only for WiFi cards, from what I've read). Generally, the Asus board is reviewed as more "fully featured" with a higher price point.

You decide which is better.
I think the Asus is better. I'm not gonna report it to them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: