Hacking please help a lost noob

supratreo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been searching for a long time not but can't seem to find good answers to my questions.
my gf and i just picked up a couple ds lites and i'm in the market for a flash card. there are so many different opinions out there i don't know what to go by, lol. lots of people like the M# and just as many like the G6 (lite...). if i understand this right, i need a slot 2 card inorder to play GBA games, i would like this so i have more options for games. but the other thing is that i don't want to go through the trouble of passcards and patching. i've been looking at the G6DS real and it sounds really good but this is a slot 1 card right? basically i'm looking for something that won't be too much trouble to use while being able to play GBA games and cheats... basically a lot of the features the Real has. can someone help me out?
thank you.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No slot 1 can play GBA games. Established.

However, for an extra $15, order an EZV 3in1 for GBA games, opera browser, and rumble.

G6DS has internal memory. No nasty SD cards, and faster read/write speed.

It's relatively new on the market, and thus it's not the best firmware in the world. Support for the G6DS is medium speed, enough to make sure you have minimal problems at the least, and have the basic features you need.

Overall, I highly recommend this card. It's not cheap, but it's worth the money.

supratreo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, thanks for the fast reply. let me research on what the opera browser is and i'll be back. also, by rumble do you mean like PS2 style analog controler that has the rumble mode?

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would recommend either the M3 Simply if you want to use minisd cards, but you might get slower performance on a couple games. or the G6 if you want an out of the box ready card with fast memory inside.

The Opera browser is not worth it for anything more than show what you what the ds can do, it's really really slow. I bought the original thing and it was a waste of money... The rumble thing is very nice but only a bunch of games support it, and it won't feel the same as a Ps2 controller since this motor inside isn't that big.

I use a G6 Real on one DS and an M3 Perfect slot2 with a passcard on the 2nd DS to play wireless, and when I want to play GBA I go the old, the slot2 also allows DS games...

I think there's a card called CycloDS that has perfect 2 player wireless play but I don't have that, so if you are going to be using 2 DSes check that one also...

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you are not afraid to flash your ds you don't need passcards. If you follow the instructions nothing will happen, I didn't want to mess (I was afraid to brake it since i was not on warranty anymore) with that so I got a passcard when bought my m3 for $15, but I don't know how much it would cost now.

You can get all the reviews done by gbatemp people here.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8

read them and come back...

supratreo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o ok, i searched the site and found that there is a "flashme.xxx" file or program that i need to run on the ds. is this right? also, what is the patch for? when i read around for flash cards, some say that there is no passcard and no patching required. is the patch just the reflash? sorry for the noob questions but its hard to find specific answers here since everyone is already so experienced and i'm just jumping in.

supratreo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it is possible to brick your ds? i'm not afraid to do it just as long as i have good reliable instructions to follow.

supratreo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i sorted through most of those and it sounds like the G6 lite 4gb is a pretty good one. what do you think of that one? the only problem with that one is its weak homebrew support. how important do you think that is? would it be worth it to get something that does support homebrew programs? and is 4gb a good ammount of space? looks like this one is not expandable.
actually, would i need the lite version of the G6 4gb since i have a NDS/L?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I use a G6 Lite for GBA games and a G6 Real for DS games. My DS is flashed, but at this point doesn't need to be, since the G6 Real acts as a passcard. I don't have trouble with homebrew, now that DLDI is standard, most everything works.
The G6 Lite is overkill for the GBA games, but I had it first and didn't want to sell it. I'd look into the EZ mentioned earlier and save some money.
As far as space is concerned, 4gb is plenty for the GBA games, and the G6 Real 8gb is plenty for the DS games, especially since the Real makes it very easy to swap them on and off the cart (just drag and drop.)

I bought my G6 Lite from Divineo and had shipping problems. I bought the Real from realhotstuff.com and was very happy with their service.

If you don't want to buy both a slot 1 and a slot 2.. I'd suggest a G6 Lite as a best of both worlds solution. Flashing your DS is a little scary, but there are video tutorials around and it goes a lot smoother than you'd suspect.

Hope all that made sense... it's early, and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get a G6DS it's full wireless (except for download play), wii connectivity (the first) and has the best interface in the world of flashcards (until the Acekart RPG)

If you really want GBA games, get a 3in1 (ALONG with your G6DS Real)

my original post still stands

G6 lite is a hassle, you got to use PC programs to manage roms, and it's not full compatible.

Get a G6DS Real.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wireless works flawlessly, meaning under any circumstances, as long as whatever you're trying to do doesn't involve someone else going to their DS's home menu and selecting the button beside pictochat, it'll work.

However, for some games, you can't let your friend download the game (such as the features of mario kart, or metroid prime, however, the download play on those games work) This is a minimal problem, and does not make this card suck at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1