Playstation Plus subscribers rejoice!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by BenRK, Jun 9, 2012.

Jun 9, 2012
  1. BenRK
    OP

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/junes-playstation-plus-perks-are-outrageous

TONS of high quality free games right now!

All for free for PS+ subscribers!!! :yayps3: :yayps3: :yayps3:

2. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    So if I bought playstation plus right now would i be able to get all of the free games?
    Also if the subscription runs out would i still be able to play them all?

3. BenRK
    OP

United States
    If you get a PS+ subscription right now, I believe you should be able to. I'm not sure about regional differences, but another forum I regular on hasn't shown any issues with that.

You have to remain subscribed to play them, but you never have to redownload if you keep it on your PS3. And really, for $50 a year ($10 less then an xbox live subscription), you get a ton of free games. Heck, those listed above would cost WAY more then $50 all together! I've been a PS+ subscriber for about a year, and I know I've spent less on the subscription then I would have buying all the games they put up for free.

4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You get all of them, and keep them during your subscription. And every month the change the list of games, so the amount of free games you get accumulate (until your subscription ends, but you can choose to continue it).

5. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Yeah, and like I said, you're at no risk of losing them if you claim them now. Just gotta keep up with the subscription. And if you're anything like most xbox 360 owners, this should be easy!

6. rdurbin

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    also you dont have to download the games right now to get them free, but you have to click the download button so its added to your download list, once this happens you can download them whenever you wish, even after they are no longer free. These games will most likely change monthly so make sure you claim them before they expire. As others have said you must keep your sub active to keep playing the free games, actually if you hit triangle on a game and look at the info it will actually tells you when the game expires. Any games you buy on a discount tho you get to keep forever even after your sub expires

7. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    I still don't get this PS+ thing. Does PS+ just throw a constantly changing amount of free games to have and to hold forever? Or is there some timer that decides when you can no longer play that game?

8. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I got a free 1 month code when I got my ps3 in the black friday bundle
    I was saving it so I guess I will use it now

you can keep and run them forever as long as you are a PSN+ subscriber, if you are no longer one then the games wont work anymore
    you can keep getting free games every month the games from last month will still play fine and so on

9. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    As long as you're still subscribed, you have access to all of the free games that you've ever gotten.

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    So now they're just throwing free games at their users for an optional online service which is still completely usable without a subscription?

Yeah, step your shit up Microsoft.

1 person likes this.
  11. Fibrizo

Banned Fibrizo Not Valwin

United States

you lose the games if you dont keep paying

12. keran22

Newcomer keran22 Member

United States
    If anyone's interested, the list is slightly different in the UK.

The 'game of the month', which rotates every four weeks, is Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.

Then there are six games, with two rotated every 12 weeks (rather than 16 weeks in the US, which actually works out as more games every year). They are:

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Chime Super Deluxe

Darksiders

Renegade Ops

Outland

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

And then, for the next year, these 3 titles will be sitting on the store:

inFamous 2

Motorstorm Apoclalypse

LittleBigPlanet 2

Finally, clearly not content with just giving ten titles, the EU store is offering something called 'Playstation Plus Presents'. From what I can tell, they're adding an extra indie title every 8 weeks. The first one added is Retro/Grade.

So... pretty good for me. I don't actually own ANY of those titles (though I did play Renegade Ops to death round a friends on co-op), so i'm going to go on a bit of a download spree. More ridiculously, I own both Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 2, so it seems that Sony have based their list off of which games I personally want lol. Looks like i'll have a fun summer!

13. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    what if my subscription runs out then later i decide to get another subscription, would i be able to play the games then?

1 person likes this.
  14. rdurbin

United States
    as soon as your sub. expires you lose the ability to play the games but they will remain on your hard drive so you can re-subscribe later

15. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    I'm not really a console gamer anymore, but this is, uh, quite a compelling argument in favor of spending a couple bucks for online.
    I want almost all of these games.

16. Fibrizo

Banned Fibrizo Not Valwin

United States
    you get them back

17. junn

Member junn .

United States
    Bought a PSN+ 3 Month Subscription Code at Bestbuy and downloaded all these games.
    so far my faves:
    Infamous 2
    Hard Corps: Uprising
    Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone
    Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
    and
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

18. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Just to clarify on this even if you remove the games from your hard drive they remain on your downloads list so you can redownload them as many times as you want after subscribing again. I've deleted tons of games from PS+ to make room on my hard drive, cancelled my subscription, and was able to redownload all of the games I had previously downloaded.

1 person likes this.
  19. dragonmaster

Member dragonmaster THE WALKER

Greece
    a nice move but if they dont look around they will loose the game ,we need more freedom with our consoles i dont like the plan no used games for other consoles and in the near future if they do try to use the trick a game locked to a specific console i will wave them goodbye

20. rdurbin

United States
    I hope they still offer free ps1 games like they have been. This month they did not maybe because of all the ps3 games, granted getting ps3 games for free is probably better, depending on the game, but I actually got a pretty nice collection of ps1 games in the past months that psn+ has been offering them.