Gaming Playstation Plus subscribers rejoice!

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/junes-playstation-plus-perks-are-outrageous

TONS of high quality free games right now!

• Choplifter HD (PSN)
  • Hard Corps: Uprising (PSN)
  • Infamous 2 (Retail)
  • Just Cause 2 (Retail)
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PSN)
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 (Retail)
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Retail)
  • Saints Row 2 (Retail)
  • Sideway: New York (PSN)
  • Virtua Fighter 5 (Retail)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (Retail)
  • Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone (PSN)

All for free for PS+ subscribers!!! :yayps3: :yayps3: :yayps3:

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So if I bought playstation plus right now would i be able to get all of the free games?
Also if the subscription runs out would i still be able to play them all?

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get a PS+ subscription right now, I believe you should be able to. I'm not sure about regional differences, but another forum I regular on hasn't shown any issues with that.

You have to remain subscribed to play them, but you never have to redownload if you keep it on your PS3. And really, for $50 a year ($10 less then an xbox live subscription), you get a ton of free games. Heck, those listed above would cost WAY more then $50 all together! I've been a PS+ subscriber for about a year, and I know I've spent less on the subscription then I would have buying all the games they put up for free.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I bought playstation plus right now would i be able to get all of the free games?
You get all of them, and keep them during your subscription. And every month the change the list of games, so the amount of free games you get accumulate (until your subscription ends, but you can choose to continue it).

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and like I said, you're at no risk of losing them if you claim them now. Just gotta keep up with the subscription. And if you're anything like most xbox 360 owners, this should be easy!

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also you dont have to download the games right now to get them free, but you have to click the download button so its added to your download list, once this happens you can download them whenever you wish, even after they are no longer free. These games will most likely change monthly so make sure you claim them before they expire. As others have said you must keep your sub active to keep playing the free games, actually if you hit triangle on a game and look at the info it will actually tells you when the game expires. Any games you buy on a discount tho you get to keep forever even after your sub expires

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get this PS+ thing. Does PS+ just throw a constantly changing amount of free games to have and to hold forever? Or is there some timer that decides when you can no longer play that game?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a free 1 month code when I got my ps3 in the black friday bundle
I was saving it so I guess I will use it now

I still don't get this PS+ thing. Does PS+ just throw a constantly changing amount of free games to have and to hold forever? Or is there some timer that decides when you can no longer play that game?
you can keep and run them forever as long as you are a PSN+ subscriber, if you are no longer one then the games wont work anymore
you can keep getting free games every month the games from last month will still play fine and so on

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as you're still subscribed, you have access to all of the free games that you've ever gotten.

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's interested, the list is slightly different in the UK.

The 'game of the month', which rotates every four weeks, is Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.

Then there are six games, with two rotated every 12 weeks (rather than 16 weeks in the US, which actually works out as more games every year). They are:

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Chime Super Deluxe

Darksiders

Renegade Ops

Outland

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

And then, for the next year, these 3 titles will be sitting on the store:

inFamous 2

Motorstorm Apoclalypse

LittleBigPlanet 2

Finally, clearly not content with just giving ten titles, the EU store is offering something called 'Playstation Plus Presents'. From what I can tell, they're adding an extra indie title every 8 weeks. The first one added is Retro/Grade.

So... pretty good for me. I don't actually own ANY of those titles (though I did play Renegade Ops to death round a friends on co-op), so i'm going to go on a bit of a download spree. More ridiculously, I own both Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 2, so it seems that Sony have based their list off of which games I personally want lol. Looks like i'll have a fun summer!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

you lose the games if you dont keep paying
what if my subscription runs out then later i decide to get another subscription, would i be able to play the games then?

Reactions: 1 person

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what if my subscription runs out then later i decide to get another subscription, would i be able to play the games then?

as soon as your sub. expires you lose the ability to play the games but they will remain on your hard drive so you can re-subscribe later

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now they're just throwing free games at their users for an optional online service which is still completely usable without a subscription?

Yeah, step your shit up Microsoft.
I'm not really a console gamer anymore, but this is, uh, quite a compelling argument in favor of spending a couple bucks for online.
I want almost all of these games.

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Bought a PSN+ 3 Month Subscription Code at Bestbuy and downloaded all these games.
so far my faves:
Infamous 2
Hard Corps: Uprising
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
and
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

as soon as your sub. expires you lose the ability to play the games but they will remain on your hard drive so you can re-subscribe later
Just to clarify on this even if you remove the games from your hard drive they remain on your downloads list so you can redownload them as many times as you want after subscribing again. I've deleted tons of games from PS+ to make room on my hard drive, cancelled my subscription, and was able to redownload all of the games I had previously downloaded.

Reactions: 1 person

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
a nice move but if they dont look around they will loose the game ,we need more freedom with our consoles i dont like the plan no used games for other consoles and in the near future if they do try to use the trick a game locked to a specific console i will wave them goodbye

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they still offer free ps1 games like they have been. This month they did not maybe because of all the ps3 games, granted getting ps3 games for free is probably better, depending on the game, but I actually got a pretty nice collection of ps1 games in the past months that psn+ has been offering them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"