PlayStation Plus October Titles announced

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by chavosaur, Oct 1, 2015.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    [​IMG]

Super Meat Boy is a pretty good platformer, not too wowed by anything else though. Interesting to see the voting mechanic didn't make a return though.

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    So 1 game cool...

3. Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2009
    United States
    When did Super Meat Boy come to PS4 and Vita?

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    It's launching as a plus title.
    I only have Chariot out of these. Even though Kung Fu Rabbit looks like a mobile game, I'm happy with them as it's more stuff for my son to play.
    60-72 games a year is awesome even if they were all $/£1 games, still good value.

5. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I assume Super Meat Boy will never be on PS3 then. Even though it's on XBLA. Can someone explain why some games are missing from PSN? Scott Pilgrim VS The World, Outrun 2006 Coast To Coast, etc.

6. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    many times is has to do with License expiring, and was not renewed by the devs/publisher

7. Blaze163

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    The annoying thing is that Outrun 2006 is one of my favourite games, and I have it on my XBLA account, but don't have my 360 any more. Not got it on my PSN account, only system I have.

Rail Fighter likes this.
  8. Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2009
    United States
    Ubisoft didn't renew their license for publishing Scott Pilgrim, so it's gone from all systems.

9. Blaze163

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    But much like Outrun it can still be re-downloaded if you already purchased it.

10. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    I wouldn't give these games to my worst emeny, let alone voluntarily download them myself.

11. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    man, no kidding. it's been a dry few months for PS+

just terrible

aaronz77 likes this.
  12. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Super meat boy, how generous. A game that can run on toaster and has been on sale for 99p/in indie bundles many, many times.

13. Rail Fighter

Rail Fighter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2009
    United States
    Agreed. That's a shame.

14. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    three words for this list FUCK YOU SONY!! your fail once again. the only reason i'm staying a plus member is so i can keep my saves online. now i'm going take some meat and beat it in your FUCKING faces!!

kbmarinha likes this.
  15. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    The voting thing was a trial, and if it was successful (which I think it was) will apparently appear once every 3-4 months.

Personally I'd like to see the voting return for bringing back PS Plus titles we might have missed: for some reason I missed out on Chime Super Deluxe when that went on Plus, despite me being a massive fan of the game on 360, and don't want to pay £7.20 for basically a deluxe version of a game I bought, at half that price, with some of that money going to charity, when not a penny of the PS3 version does...

Anyway, iffy month, but the good outweighs the bad in all - I've more than had my moneys worth out of Plus already!! I do miss the multitude of games we got when Plus was PS3 only, but the drop in numbers is to be expected when they're covering 3 systems.
    Just heard the PS3 is stopping production soon though, perhaps stopping Plus freebies/more for PS4 would be a nice idea, or maybe giving you access to the PS3 freebies on PS Now, ala 360 BC for XO??

16. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Good month I think. Unlike most, I don't feel like its a right to have multiple triple A titles each month for the cost of my subscription. If you want a retail game, go and buy it and stop spouting the same nonsense month after month. If you bought a PS4 on the notion that you are going to pay £30 odd pounds a year and receive everything for free in your subscription then perhaps you shouldn't have bought a PS4 in the first instance.

Anyway, Meat Boy and Broken Age am looking forward to. Tried Meat Boy back on the 360 a while back and loved it, although it got difficult pretty quick, cant wait to try it again.

17. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Super Meat Boy is great, though I'd be surprised if there's anyone here that hasn't already played it that wanted to play it. The first half of Broken Age is okay. Other than that...

EDIT: Checked out the others, they're not as bad as I thought they would be.

Last edited by TecXero, Oct 3, 2015
  18. Megaben99

Megaben99 I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    At the risk of complaining about PS+, man these have been some bad months. Signed up a couple years ago when Devil May Cry was offered -- sadly I think that would *still* be a better title than anything in this list.

19. FEAR_1337

FEAR_1337 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Brazil
    Shit.

20. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    I guess I'm the only one who likes the fact PS+ has shifted focus to indie games?

I'm really looking forward to Broken Age.