Gaming Playstation 3 internet connection problem

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi everyone..

So 1 of my neighbours have internet access point so I can connect via wireless to it. It works everything perfectly with my PC. That network is unsecured so I just click on it and it works
smile.gif

So I tried to connect my PS3 via wireless to that network.

So I go to Internet Connection Settings, when I go with easy method, I select wireless, then scan ( it finds the network ) , Security -> none.. And then when it checkes network configuration, after some time it says that it can't find the IP adress...
I also tried to do everything manually, I typed in the IP and DNS number ( but i am not sure in neither of this ), and it connected, but there was no internet ( it said that there is a DNS error )...

I also tried to connect my PC with PS3 via ethernet cable ( without router ).
When I go automatic, it doesn't work. When I go manually, I set the IP , default gateway etc., but I am again not sure in DSN adress. My friend gave me one address for which he is sure that it should be correct, but i still received DNS error. ( IP connection succeeds )

Anyway, I really don't know what to do next. I think there must be somewhere else problem ( cause of first example ) ...

Any idea ???

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be stealing internet but it is probably the router. Sometimes a router is only told to send out so many IP addresses but I doubt that since your PC can connect easily so it is probably mac filtering or the other more troublesome things. Have your tried to 192.168.1.1 and checking if some settings on their router is screwing it up. The password and username default is usually admin and since they aren't protecting it it will be easy to check. Also ffs don't be a script kiddy or hack it it is really really gay.

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I am not stealing. That neighbour is my friend, though he doesn't know a thing about computers.. And their kids use the internet which are around 10 years old :\..
When i connect with laptop it doesn't ask me any kinda username or pass..

When i go to settngs and connection status list, it says : Internet connection Enabled.. But when i try to connect to PSN etc i receive DNS error ?

When i connect PS3 to that access point it says this ( in wlan info ):

Information

Type: Generic Device
Connected To: WLAN (Wireless)
Allowed on WLAN: Yes

Addressing

Physical Address: 00:1f:1f:57:bf:1f
IP Address Assignment: DHCP
IP Address: 192.168.1.3
Always use the same address: Yes
DHCP Lease Time: 46 days, 19:14:03

Connection Sharing

There is no game or service assigned to this device.

So, why i get DNS error on PS3 and cant use the internet ?

SanzioSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try manually setting up ur ip addresses again sept use 192.168.1.1 as ur gateway and 8.8.8.8 as your dns. for an ip u can use anything like 192.168.1.35 or watever.

xraven13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Anyway, it's working now
smile.gif

I need to set that wireless connection on laptop shares the internet and enable all services.. For DNS we used one that was suggested on the internet for DNS error I was gettting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-