Playing the latest Wii-games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Ryjuu, Nov 15, 2008.

Nov 15, 2008

Playing the latest Wii-games by Ryjuu at 12:58 PM (736 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Ryjuu

Newcomer Ryjuu Advanced Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Hi all,

I've been out there for a while, so my Wii too. Fortunately the Wii hacking scene never stand still, but too bad for me I got behind with all the things that has happend... I'm now trying to catch up so i can play the newest Wii releases.
    So what are the important facts that i should know (about the updates) so i would not f*** up my Wii with games like Disaster, Blob, Star Wars, CoD, Final Fantasy, Wii music etc.

My Wii still has the firmware 3.2e and i've got the Wiikey installed in it, the latest Wii-game I played on the Wii was Mario Kart Wii (PAL) [​IMG] ....

Hope you guys can help me out, so i can easily catch up with the scene [​IMG]

*Oops, wrong forum.... if a mod would please to move this up to Wii hacking forum* [​IMG]
  2. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    There is a new online update that breaks installation of fake-signed content. You can downgrade from it though. This update is not yet on any game-disc.
    But there is an update on game-discs that breaks launching fake signed discs from the disc-channel. If you don't have one of these, like SSBB DVD5 you can install the updates without a problem.