The Prince.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It might just be me, but it seems like if I play the retail cart it seems funner. q _____ q It sounds weird because the ROM is the same game, but I don't know. :/ Does anyone else feel this way?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, a lot of people feel that way. Personally, it doesn't matter to me. There's only a few games that I gave up on, and that's because I just got bored with them.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I find that when you buy a retail game you play it more and make yourself NOT get bored of it since you actually paid for it, where as if its a ROM your like meh, its for free, im bored now

Reaprar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately that's just a case of you justifying your purchase (even if it's a good game).

We naturally want to feel like we have made wise monetary purchases when we buy games. When you get one for free, you're more likely to judge it objectively without as much bias.

keke_keke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the game for me. If I'm playing a new kind of game that I'm not sure I'll like, I'm more willing to judge it and delete it if it's a ROM. But if it's part of a series I know I love or something, I'll play it like crazy even though it's not a real cart with the box.

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
It feels better for me when I actually play the retail version, just feels good that it was paid for and not pirated.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I totally agree with you. Regardless of how amazing the game is, it just doesn't feel as good as it would on a retail cart. :/
It's the same with consoles for me, if i play a console in a legit way, i tend to look after it more and play with it waaay more then once its been hacked or got games for free.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
outgum said:
I find that when you buy a retail game you play it more and make yourself NOT get bored of it since you actually paid for it, where as if its a ROM your like meh, its for free, im bored now
Just like this!
I don't know would I have ever played Another Code if I hadn't got physical card in my hands and play it just becouse I owned it. BTW must have
wink.gif

Rhulqdahr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm feeling the same way. Don't know why but having the original cartridge, box and all that makes me feel I'm fully experiencing the game. I only get the ROMs of games that I can't run because of the lack of gaming platform that plays them (for example SNES or Gameboy Color). I'm willing to pay for a game that I like or a game that represents high quality.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you invested some time/money/effort in getting a game, you associate a value with it, which creates a desire to make full use of that value, which in turn motivates you to play it longer, which might cause an increased return in satisfaction. Perfectly natural I would say.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Some people call this pirates syndrome, I just call it spoiled for choice.
When you personally pay for a game, you typically play it as soon as possible, but when games are pretty much free, you get bored more quickly and are more prone to "ragequitting".

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've finished games like Ephemeral Fantasia (on PS2) just because I spent like 80$ for it. I think I try to "rentabilize" games
biggrin.gif
But with time this feeling is less and less present. I just bought 4 games last month and I've only played like 6hrs. and I was on holiday during the whole month... But it's still funnier to look at your "physical" games collection than at your rom files.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Mario92 said:
outgum said:
Just like this!
I don't know would I have ever played Another Code if I hadn't got physical card in my hands and play it just becouse I owned it. BTW must have
wink.gif

+1 too. I
ninja.gif
'ed Another Code. I stopped after the second cutscene.

I bought Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble. I finished it enjoyably.

QUOTE(Antoligy @ Feb 28 2011, 08:10 PM)
Some people call this pirates syndrome, I just call it spoiled for choice.
When you personally pay for a game, you typically play it as soon as possible, but when games are pretty much free, you get bored more quickly and are more prone to "ragequitting".

I guess thats me.

Even now though everytime i turn on my dsi and skim through every game in it. I find myself playing a retail Electroplankton I got from a garage sale. Not even TOUCHING the
ninja.gif
games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)