Gaming Playing PS1 games from different accounts?

spatuluk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a US and a EU PSN account, and a few years ago I bought some PS1 games on the US PSN, as they weren't available in the EU. My PSP is activated on my EU PSN account, which I've downloaded even more PS1 games onto..

FFWD to now, and I've just hacked my PSP Go (6.60), and thought that if it can play ripped PS1 games, then maybe it won't mind playing the US PS1 games? Well, no.. it still moans about them. :(

So, I'm wondering.. is there any way of removing the account limitation? Maybe the EBOOT.PBP can be re-compiled somehow?

(hello, by the way - I'm new here!)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I remember this involves using a decryptor and/or ripping the keys.bin file and putting it in the same folder as the EBOOT, but I don't remember the steps for it.
In other words, the user is much better off just downloading the games and putting them on his/her card, provided the user is entitled to have the games in the first place. :P

Less hassle, same effect.

spatuluk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
woo - I found the answer by accident!

I couldn't work out why one of the US games worked, but the others didn't. The only different was a keys.bin file in the same directory as it's eboot. I didn't put it there, so I thought that maybe it was a quirk of that game.

A bit of extra searching has revealed that VCF automatically rips the keys.bin file when a PSN PS1 game is successfully launched, which means that the game can then be played by any account. So I logged back into my US account, loaded each game, returned to my EU account, and voila - they now work! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-