Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.phantasystart.nintendomaine.net
XP
Country
France
Hey there!

I just received my copy of Monster Hunter G, and after having disappointed by Monster Hunter Tri not working on my hacked European Wii (but looks like I'm not the only one, so I'll wait a little to see if a solution pops up), I played some MHG on my own. After one hour or so, I thought "hey, why nbot play online?".
But it just doesn't work. The loading bar, well, loads until 93% and then crashes. Error 11390. And I don't find anything about that error on the internet.

Does someone have any idea please? I think the game notices I don't have a japanese Wii. Crap :'(.

Fryheit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
France
Ok, I just found the solution.
The problem is that you HAVE to get rid of all the things you bought on the WiiShop. All games and all, gone.

Here's what you have to do :

First, connect to your WiiShop and delete your account. If you're playing MHG with a US/EU Wii, it is most likely moded, so you first have to update your channels using WiiSCU.

Then, using AnyRegion Changer, set the WiiShop code to 1, and the EULA to "Read".

Connect to the WiiShop. It's in japanese now. Set your account or not. It's done, you can play MHG online.

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he also need Wii points or what it's called to play MHG online

i don't know if it's necessary to have a JAP Wii

flclkris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fryheit said:
Ok, I just found the solution.
The problem is that you HAVE to get rid of all the things you bought on the WiiShop. All games and all, gone.

Here's what you have to do :

First, connect to your WiiShop and delete your account. If you're playing MHG with a US/EU Wii, it is most likely moded, so you first have to update your channels using WiiSCU.

Then, using AnyRegion Changer, set the WiiShop code to 1, and the EULA to "Read".

Connect to the WiiShop. It's in japanese now. Set your account or not. It's done, you can play MHG online.

Fryheit, I was on the thread with you on Gamefaqs. I am having the exact same problem as you. Can you explain in more detail how you did it? I want to be sure before I try.

I have a modded wii, but I also have the latest system update installed for US. Do I still need to update my channels with WiiSCU then?

Also, the WiiShop channel is asking me to update, but on the AnyRegion changer site it says that if I install the latest update of WiiShop channel I will not be able to change it to a different region due to something Nintendo did? If I install the WiiShop channel update am I still going to be able to change the shop region by using AnyRegion changer?

Also, were you able to buy Japanese Wii points?

Thank you.

Fryheit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
France
That sure is a lot of questions
smile.gif
. So you were the one with whom I was talking on GameFAQ! Too bad we got our messages deleted (this is the reason why I didn't post my solution there, it would have been useless :/).

So... I'll first say exactly what I did, then what should be done, and lastly I'll answer your questions. I think this message will help a lot of people in the future, so I better do a full account of these last 2 days.

First of all, I have a real copy of the game. I'm a big MH fan and was waiting for this one like nothing else (especially for the demo, but anyway
wink.gif
). I don't have a clue if this works for burned games, but I think it does.
MHG didn't work at all at first. My Wii had a 3.2E firmware (I'm French) with Waninkoko's CIOS rev7 installed, and an old Gecko. I hacked my Wii a few months ago in expectation of the game, and didn't touch it since, so I guessed it didn't work because of the old stuff I had. So I installed Waninkoko's CIOS rev10 and the latest Gecko. I poped in the game, started Gecko OS (via the Homebrew Channel obviously), set the language the japanese and all the rest to "no" or "off", and the game started just fine.
(As for MH3, it didn't work. I had to put my hands of the latest Softchip, activated the 002 error fix, set the IOS to 55, language to japanese, and the game finally decided to boot).

After a few dozens of minutes I decided to go online, and I faced that now famous 11390 error. My first guess was that the Capcom servers noticed I didn't have a japanese Wii. So I downloaded Waninkoko's Region Changer and switched to JP. Now my Wii thought it was JP, but actually wasn't since it was still a 3.2E firmware. Waninkoko's downgrader helped me there, since I used it to "downgrade" from 3.2E to 3.2J. But the game still didn't allow me to play online. Turning my European Wii into a JP one had been fruitless.

I only had two ideas remaining at this point : either the game noticed I had 3.2X firmware instead of a 4.0X, or the servers tracked my IP to check my location (i.e. France). I was clueless about what to do next, and decided to check other forums instead of waiting for someone to help me (us?) out, and finally found some interessting messages on GameFAQ or Minegarde forums : there were people currently outside Japan (mostly in the US) who were playing the game online using a japanese Wii! My location wasn't the problem after all. Maybe the firmware or because I had a hacked Wii.
I decided to take a look at japanese forums, and nobody was speaking of that error. So the cause was bound not to be my moded 3.2X Wii (since I'm pretty sure all japanese people are not angels, some of them have for sure a non-legit Wii ^^).

On Sunday morning I had an "illumination" (right timing, I know
tongue.gif
). I received a message from Nintendo, telling me that a new contest had started in Mario Kart. And they told me that in English (although I'm French, I always switch my consoles into English. Anyway~). That WAS the solution! The game didn't require a Japanese Wii, it required a Wii connected to the Japanese network! Until then I hadn't thought about that, thinking that Waninkoko's Region Changer and Downgrader had done the whole stuff. But they obviously hadn't. My new aim was to access the Japanese Wii Shop (but, sadly, my sunday was a busy day, and I was able to touch my Wii until 5pm >

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep,

Though I don't want to change my Shop channel to Jap.

Bought to much shit for that.
tongue.gif

And... will it ever release in USA/EUR?

---

One more question.
How do you get pass the blackscreen on MHG once plugged in Classic controller in USB Loader - or only works with DVD Loaders (Orginal/Modchip/SoftMod)

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fryheit said:
I can't tell for the black screen since, y'see, my original game works fine
tongue.gif
. But look around, some people seem to have found a solution.
Nah, it is only trough USB Loader.

The Tri Demo works.
I think the game Online play will look like WoW (World of Warcraft)
Grapics : Zelda Twilight Princess...

Really the shadows and mountians... eveything is the same as in Twilight Princess
tongue.gif

Hopefully it will come to EU.
smile.gif

flclkris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fryheit said:
That sure is a lot of questions
smile.gif
. So you were the one with whom I was talking on GameFAQ! Too bad we got our messages deleted (this is the reason why I didn't post my solution there, it would have been useless :/).

So... I'll first say exactly what I did, then what should be done, and lastly I'll answer your questions. I think this message will help a lot of people in the future, so I better do a full account of these last 2 days.

First of all, I have a real copy of the game. I'm a big MH fan and was waiting for this one like nothing else (especially for the demo, but anyway
wink.gif
). I don't have a clue if this works for burned games, but I think it does.
MHG didn't work at all at first. My Wii had a 3.2E firmware (I'm French) with Waninkoko's CIOS rev7 installed, and an old Gecko. I hacked my Wii a few months ago in expectation of the game, and didn't touch it since, so I guessed it didn't work because of the old stuff I had. So I installed Waninkoko's CIOS rev10 and the latest Gecko. I poped in the game, started Gecko OS (via the Homebrew Channel obviously), set the language the japanese and all the rest to "no" or "off", and the game started just fine.
(As for MH3, it didn't work. I had to put my hands of the latest Softchip, activated the 002 error fix, set the IOS to 55, language to japanese, and the game finally decided to boot).

After a few dozens of minutes I decided to go online, and I faced that now famous 11390 error. My first guess was that the Capcom servers noticed I didn't have a japanese Wii. So I downloaded Waninkoko's Region Changer and switched to JP. Now my Wii thought it was JP, but actually wasn't since it was still a 3.2E firmware. Waninkoko's downgrader helped me there, since I used it to "downgrade" from 3.2E to 3.2J. But the game still didn't allow me to play online. Turning my European Wii into a JP one had been fruitless.

I only had two ideas remaining at this point : either the game noticed I had 3.2X firmware instead of a 4.0X, or the servers tracked my IP to check my location (i.e. France). I was clueless about what to do next, and decided to check other forums instead of waiting for someone to help me (us?) out, and finally found some interessting messages on GameFAQ or Minegarde forums : there were people currently outside Japan (mostly in the US) who were playing the game online using a japanese Wii! My location wasn't the problem after all. Maybe the firmware or because I had a hacked Wii.
I decided to take a look at japanese forums, and nobody was speaking of that error. So the cause was bound not to be my moded 3.2X Wii (since I'm pretty sure all japanese people are not angels, some of them have for sure a non-legit Wii ^^).

On Sunday morning I had an "illumination" (right timing, I know
tongue.gif
). I received a message from Nintendo, telling me that a new contest had started in Mario Kart. And they told me that in English (although I'm French, I always switch my consoles into English. Anyway~). That WAS the solution! The game didn't require a Japanese Wii, it required a Wii connected to the Japanese network! Until then I hadn't thought about that, thinking that Waninkoko's Region Changer and Downgrader had done the whole stuff. But they obviously hadn't. My new aim was to access the Japanese Wii Shop (but, sadly, my sunday was a busy day, and I was able to touch my Wii until 5pm >

Fryheit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
France
What you have to do is update your channels, and then you'll be able to access WiiShop.

I just thought of something else though : if you're not interessted in paying and just want the 15 free days, you could also just change the region of your WiiShop without deleting it and all. Maybe it'll work (though you won't be able to pay Hunter Tickets).

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fryheit said:
What you have to do is update your channels, and then you'll be able to access WiiShop.

I just thought of something else though : if you're not interessted in paying and just want the 15 free days, you could also just change the region of your WiiShop without deleting it and all. Maybe it'll work (though you won't be able to pay Hunter Tickets).
Yeah
smile.gif

That might work.

Nice one.

flclkris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fryheit said:

Oh ok I think I misread what you wrote. I'll try it this weekend and tell you how it goes thanks a lot, I'm really surprised how you figured it out.

flclkris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fryheit, I finally figured it out. It took me nearly 4 hours to figure out how to install homebrew, downgrade my wii, install the channels, change to japanese, and get on Monster Hunter. But now I figured it out thanks to you. Got the ticket working and everything. Now I'm ready for when Monster Hunter 3 comes out. We should play online together. Gonna go smoke a bowl and play the crap out of this game. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-