Playing installed games without disc

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, not idea what's causing that then. maybe it's a bug with the os? that error sounds like a "dirty disc" error.
Most of my burned games are like this.
Before the error happens I can hear my console trying to read the disc. It does that for most of my games but then the drive stops, since the games is being run of the HDD. Not the case with my burned games, the game launches------->the drive checks the disc------->failed to authorize disc

Reactions: godreborn

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of my burned games are like this.
Before the error happens I can hear my console trying to read the disc. It does that for most of my games but then the drive stops, since the games is being run of the HDD. Not the case with my burned games, the game launches------->the drive checks the disc------->failed to authorize disc
I think if I convert the game to god, the error might be fixed. Because it wouldn't need to check the drive.
I don't really know how authorizing works on the system. it's probably something simple considering nxe2god takes like one second for multiple games.
I think if I convert the game to god, the error might be fixed. Because it wouldn't need to check the drive. it'll run straight from the HDD.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is better? Converting the game to games on demand, or copying the game disc to the internal HDD?
It should be about the same, go with whatever you want, since with an RGH it doesn't matter as you can play those installed discs with no issues, for the games that allows that of course.
So whenever I want to install a game on my HDD, instead of ripping it to the drive, I should install it and run nxe2god.
If it works on the system, there's no reason to rip/convert on the pc really. Less work done imo.
I forgot to mention this but a few of my games are burned to dual layer discs, would nxe2god convert them to games on demand without any problems?
Yes it should, as long as discs are clean, complete, not corrupted.. Etc. One way to check is with Abgx360, it checks the data on the iso image or disc, and tells if it's complete or not. If it somehow the burner failed to detect it.
Thanks again! Also, why do I sometimes get the "failed to authorize disc" error?
That's because your burned discs are patched, and are patched for an older version LT2 and they won't work if your disc drive is flashed with LT3, and either installing them to the internal hdd or converting them to GOD containers will not work for them. You need to get an unpatched iso image, GOD files or whatever..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They won't work correctly, even if they launch at first, the error will appear sooner or later, while playing the game.
I was under the assumption that you could rip games with a jtag/rgh in fsd and aurora, even if you didn't have a flashed drive. just can't do it via the official way.

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the assumption that you could rip games with a jtag/rgh in fsd and aurora, even if you didn't have a flashed drive. just can't do it via the official way.
You can't install burned discs on an rgh/jtag'ed console without a flashed disc drive, i have one (my 2nd one) it has a stock drive, and they show up as DVD files. Only genuine discs do.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't install burned discs on an rgh/jtag'ed console without a flashed disc drive, i have one (my 2nd one) it has a stock drive, and they show up as DVD files. Only genuine discs do.
I thought burned games on a system without a flashed drive showed up as "mixed media" discs, at least in the metro dash.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's been over 10 years since I messed with a flashed drive, but do you mean the ss and dmi patching?
I meant those iso images that use to float around on the internet back, for those who have a flashed drive and a stock system, they were patched to make it safe for those people with stock systems playing burned discs online etc. It was useless for RGH/jtag users even back then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte