Hacking Playing Gamecube games with Classic Controller?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You can plug your PS2 controller in the gamecube port with a $10 device. I'm sure they can make something similar for the classic controller, but the question is if it's commercially viable.

Its not even with something like that just because for the Classic Controller you need bluetooth to connect it to the wii, so it will even read it. And a bluetooth cant be accessed in GC mode.

marioxb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarriorReturns said:
Its not even with something like that just because for the Classic Controller you need bluetooth to connect it to the wii, so it will even read it. And a bluetooth cant be accessed in GC mode.

I'm pretty sure you don't need bluetooth. That just happens to be where the CC plugs into (a bluetooth device called the Wii Remote), but if the classic controller were plugged directly into a GameCube port, altogether bypassing the Wii Remote, it could work.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
slimpyman said:
Man, I wanna use my classic controller in the gamecube slot for brawl, so i can eliminate the 5-10 ms latency associated with bluetooth ;-)

There's very little latency associated with bluetooth. Maybe a few nanoseconds more than wires.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
The Classic Controller protocol has absolutely nothing in common with the GC gamepad protocol. You'll need a dedicated CPU to perform the conversion.

As for the Wiimote, it theoretically can be used in Gamecube mode, but it would require such a ridiculous amount of effort to rig up that no programmer in their right mind is going to waste the time on it. Nintendo is never going to do it.

arctic_flame said:
There's very little latency associated with bluetooth. Maybe a few nanoseconds more than wires.
Bluetooth latency is many orders of magnitude higher than wire latency. Not because of the actual transmission, but because of the protocol and processing. Just plain old USB used for the bluetooth dongle already guarantees 1ms latency. The reporting rate is lower than 100Hz, so make that 10ms. On top of that you'll have to tack on the Bluetooth protocol and all of the software that has to drive everything. It'll add up to at least a few dozen ms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: