Playing GameCube games shuts off Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ClockSmasher, Mar 1, 2013.

Mar 1, 2013
  1. ClockSmasher
    OP

Newcomer ClockSmasher Member

United States
    I'm using Dios Mios 2.8, and would prefer to use Configurable USB Loader for loading my GameCube games. The title pretty much says it all; to be more specific, it happens some time into playing Mario Kart Double Dash and Gotcha Force. Kirby's Air Ride seems to be doing fine, though, but I'll update on that if it does happen to shut off the console.

... Hmm, well, I think I installed DM2.8 on IOS224. And my CFG USB Loader is v70r50.

EDIT: Okay, well, seems to be behaving right now, but, I don't think it's gone forever.

2. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    DM installs itself at MIOS slot, not IOS224.

Any, put a disc inside while playing. I also find that SD card loading is more stable than USB loading.

3. ClockSmasher
    OP

Newcomer ClockSmasher Member

United States
    I was playing Viewtiful Joe for a while, and when I got to the helicopter fight, the controller stopped responding, then the game gave an error and referred me to the GameCube manual.

EDIT: Just played a little Soul Calibur II, and it shuts right off. What the hell?

EDIT 2: Reinstalled Dios Mios 2.8 with Multi-Mod Manager, and Viewtiful Joe goes a little longer, but then the music skips at the helicopter fight, and when Joe goes down the stairs, the game just fades to black and stays there.

EDIT 3: Did some searching and found that my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex might have an auto-shutoff function, which would be disabled with its fellow utility program.