Homebrew Playing from disc without updating

tuntun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hey guys, with BoTW arriving soon is there a way to play from the disc without having to update, i want to keep the WiiU on the firmware its on now to continue using homebrew.

Thanks

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, with BoTW arriving soon is there a way to play from the disc without having to update, i want to keep the WiiU on the firmware its on now to continue using homebrew.

Thanks
We don't know if there will be an update on the disc yet.

If you're talking about keeping 5.1, depending on what they change (if they release a new fw) a work around may be possible.

We won't know how to deal with until we see what happens in 2 weeks.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
you can always spoof your current fw to the latest, but that won't happen because there won't be an update

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can always spoof your current fw to the latest, but that won't happen because there won't be an update
Why would Nintendo not bring an update out they are just about to give the public the biggest and most expensive to make game they have ever made. Do you honestly think they are going to let all wiiu owners be able to play the game for free?? They are going to do everything in their power to make sure people have to update and have to buy botw legitimately. If they don't they have just cost themselves millions in lost revenue.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would Nintendo not bring an update out they are just about to give the public the biggest and most expensive to make game they have ever made. Do you honestly think they are going to let all wiiu owners be able to play the game for free?? They are going to do everything in their power to make sure people have to update and have to buy botw legitimately. If they don't they have just cost themselves millions in lost revenue.
Most people don't pirate - so maybe they will lose some sales - but it may cost more to make an update then they will lose in potential sales. Also, 2 weeks is pretty short notice to drop an update. I don't think it will happen.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most people don't pirate - so maybe they will lose some sales - but it may cost more to make an update then they will lose in potential sales. Also, 2 weeks is pretty short notice to drop an update. I don't think it will happen.
Why would they bring an update out now they will bring it out days before botw. If they brought it out now it gives the hackers just under 2 weeks to crack the update. You say most people dont pirate I think you would be shocked at how much money companies actualy Lose through piracy.

https://www.revulytics.com/resources/stat-watch

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would they bring an update out now they will bring it out days before botw. If they brought it out now it gives the hackers just under 2 weeks to crack the update. You say most people dont pirate I think you would be shocked at how much money companies actualy Lose through piracy.

https://www.revulytics.com/resources/stat-watch
I think that the majority of wiiu users don't pirate. Those stats are exaggerated.

And they won't drop an update b/c the r&d is too high for a dead console, and if there was a new update they would have already had to release it b/c the botw wiiu discs have already been pressed.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think that the majority of wiiu users don't pirate. Those stats are exaggerated.

And they won't drop an update b/c the r&d is too high for a dead console, and if there was a new update they would have already had to release it b/c the botw wiiu discs have already been pressed.
Yes the wiiu is a dead console but so was the nintendo dsi and that got an update 2 years after the 3ds came out. Plus yes the botw game discs are pressed but the update could easily have been put on the disc at the same time.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the wiiu is a dead console but so was the nintendo dsi and that got an update 2 years after the 3ds came out. Plus yes the botw game discs are pressed but the update could easily have been put on the disc at the same time.
That's never happened as far as I'm aware though. I think every update has been through the internet first, and then on discs later.

Like I said the r&d is probably price prohibitive for the few lost sales.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

i'm buying botw regardless, but i honestly don't think there's a secret update being pushed inside those discs
besides, they're 100% focused on switch right now, the only reason we're getting the wii u version at all is because nintendo likes to keep it's promisses

Last edited by aljpn91,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm buying botw regardless, but i honestly don't think there's a secret update being pushed inside those discs
besides, they're 100% focused on switch right now, the only reason we're getting the wii u version at all is because nintendo likes to keep it's promisses
Or that they don't want to totally rip off current Wii U owners for not having a single new Zelda (not including remasters) for the console. They're basically pulling a Twilight Princess on this one (having it for the GameCube and the Wii).

D

Deleted User

BoTW might not have update on plain disc itself.
It will probably be included in game update that will be promised to patch bugs for Wii U users. [Possible theory]

Nintendo isn't dumb, they have many tricks to update our precious Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end