Homebrew playing dvds

shareflair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there been trying a few homebrew progs for playing dvds but they dont seem to play them??? any help appreciated thanks

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You know two words, called MORE INFO? Humpf....

You need at least:
-DVDX

I also recommend:
-libdi
-PatchMii (if you have a Modchip)

You can find them all here, with Instructions. Just read.

I also recommend to be on 3.2...

If you don't have these, Install, and then try MPlayer-CE. If that don't work, or you already done that, have you ever thought that the compability is shitty, around 20% of original DVDs work, the rest don't? Live with that...there might be better quality when BootMii is out...but not yet!

shareflair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the lack of info... kinda new to this... somethings come easy other things a bit of a struggle!!!! still its always good to have friends like you, cheers buddy will give it a good go... thanks

cyclogenisis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I reccomend the latest version of Mplayer CE it is a combination of GeeXbox and Mplayer, works nice usually. plays a handle full of media codecs.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
cyclogenisis said:
I reccomend the latest version of Mplayer CE it is a combination of GeeXbox and Mplayer, works nice usually. plays a handle full of media codecs.

And it breaks the DVD-Playback...so use the one I linked, until they fixed that in the new one, and you'll be fine.

shareflair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys... tried everything it said and still doesnt play dvds... i do use dvd+ so next time i get some will try the - ones as it does say they're more compatible! Cheers guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse