playing dvds

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by shareflair, Mar 6, 2009.

1. shareflair
    OP

shareflair Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2009
    hi there been trying a few homebrew progs for playing dvds but they dont seem to play them??? any help appreciated thanks

2. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    You know two words, called MORE INFO? Humpf....

You need at least:
    -DVDX

I also recommend:
    -libdi
    -PatchMii (if you have a Modchip)

You can find them all here, with Instructions. Just read.

I also recommend to be on 3.2...

If you don't have these, Install, and then try MPlayer-CE. If that don't work, or you already done that, have you ever thought that the compability is shitty, around 20% of original DVDs work, the rest don't? Live with that...there might be better quality when BootMii is out...but not yet!

3. shareflair
    OP

shareflair Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2009
    sorry for the lack of info... kinda new to this... somethings come easy other things a bit of a struggle!!!! still its always good to have friends like you, cheers buddy will give it a good go... thanks

4. cyclogenisis

cyclogenisis Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    I reccomend the latest version of Mplayer CE it is a combination of GeeXbox and Mplayer, works nice usually. plays a handle full of media codecs.

5. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    And it breaks the DVD-Playback...so use the one I linked, until they fixed that in the new one, and you'll be fine.

6. Cygoku

Cygoku Banned

Banned
    Jul 14, 2006
    Canada
    I thought libdi was only intented at devers ...

Cygoku

7. shareflair
    OP

shareflair Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2009
    thanks guys... tried everything it said and still doesnt play dvds... i do use dvd+ so next time i get some will try the - ones as it does say they're more compatible! Cheers guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice