Playing a Gamecube game on a Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Aleatz, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Aleatz
    OP

Aleatz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2008
    Australia
    Anyway, I recently bought a Wii (a few months ago) and I've been looking into buying Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance since I'm a bit of a FE nut and I've played all the other English released games in the series. I don't have a Gamecube, nor do I know I what is required in order to get a Gamecube game to work on a Wii. I've heard from a friend that I'll require a Gamecube controller and a memory card of some sort. Can anyone specify so I don't go out and buy the wrong thing? I'm sorry if the answer is obvious, but I had to get an Xbox last gen so yeah... If anyone gives any feedback, cheers in advance!

2. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    Yeah all you need is a gamecube controller and a memory card.

Both you can get real cheap.

3. Zenith94

Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    Yea if you want a memory card for one game you could problably get away with getting one for a few bucks.

4. Aleatz
    OP

Aleatz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2008
    Australia
    Cool, thanks guys. Just wondering though... There's different sizes of Gamecube memory cards around. I'm wondering if I should get the smallest one, since I only have one game in mind which I want to play.

5. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    If it is only one game and you won't later on expand your interests into more than one game then a small memory card is fine.

You could later on buy a bigger one if you want to try more games, it won't set you back alot of money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice