Play PSN Mini without activation?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BOY_BACON, May 4, 2013.

1. BOY_BACON
    OP

BOY_BACON Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2013
    United States
    I purchased 2 Minis on the Playstation Network Store. N.O.V.A and Doodle Pool. I also purchased 3 addons for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The Bacon Pack, Kawaii Pack, and the Extra Slots. I wanted to install the Black Ops II addons onto my 2nd PS3, but my account is activated on my PSP and first PS3. I want to deactivate my PSP and install the DLC to my 2nd PS3, but that leaves the 2 games on PSP unplayable. My PSP has PRO-C Custom Firmware installed, so I was wondering if I could play my PSP Minis without activating the system. If that is not possible, is there anything else I can do?

2. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    You can download them online (don't ask us where to find them though), throw them on your memory stick, and run them with no problems.
    You bought them anyway so it won't be a big deal.

3. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    If you've bought them then don't deactivate the PSP that has them currently active. So long as you can run them then use NPDecryptor to decrypt them and allow them to run on CFW without your license data. Once you've done that and you have decrypted versions then you can go ahead and deactivate your PSP from your account active consoles.

4. clonesniper666

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The Great Underworld Warzone
    You can have 2 PSP/Vita's on a PSN account as well as 2 PS3s on the account. So there is no need to deactivate the PSP.

5. BOY_BACON
    OP

BOY_BACON Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2013
    United States
    Thanks, I got my answer. I may have activated my account on a PSP or PS3 I am not able to get hold of.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Right, this is how the whole activation/deactivation deal works:
    • PS3 Content can be downloaded and used on two activated PS3 systems.
    • PSP Content can be downloaded and used on two activated PSP or PSVita systems.
    • PSVita Content can be downloaded and used on two activated PSVita systems.
    • Multiplatform content can be used on two activated systems of any kind. This includes PSN Minis which are compatible with all three platforms.
    This means that you can safetly install Black Ops II add-ons on your second PS3 system and it's going to work perfectly fine - the content is not compatible nor downloadable for the PSP and as such it doesn't count as the second platform you're entitled to use, it's merely stored on it. I know, I have two PS3's, one PSP and one PSVita activated, all on one account. The DLC should not be affected by this limitation as it's PS3-exclusive content - if anything, the PSN Minis could ifthey are simultaneously downloaded and installed on more than two devices.

As far as I know, the system may be activated on as many accounts as you feel like - what matters is the amount of activated systems on your SEN account and the amount of systems on which given content is installed.