Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Windows 10 PC now, and decided to give the Play! PS2 emulator a shot in RetroArch. While performance definitely isn't giving PCSX2 a run for its money, I can't say I've actively followed this emulator's development. All I've heard about its emulation capabilities is small snippets here and there about how its promising, but definitely is gonna need more work.

And...that's about what I'd say its performance was like in RetroArch at this point in time: for the games that run well, its great! But its not many of them, and the games that do run well have other versions on other systems that run perfectly fine there.

My question is if there's a difference between the standalone emulator's performance and that of RetroArch?

I know I've heard the progress on RA's emulation cores isn't exactly parallel with that of the standalone emulators it uses, as changes are made by the devs of RA to help it work better with RA itself.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Standalone emus are always better, ra is not always up to date and you may have less options
Especially for emus like this, the standalone version is the best choice

Reactions: Stealphie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small