Platinum Poketch Event Apps?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by MarcusRaven, Dec 31, 2010.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    I'm playing Pokemon Platinum, and I was wondering if its possible to obtain the Nintendo Event Poketch Apps (The Stopwatch and Alarm Clock) through any other means. Any help?

2. monkat

monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

Banned
    May 21, 2009
    United States
    Virginia
    They're so difficult to get the normal way...

3. 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Use Pokesav to create .pcd files that contain them, then transfer them over through Deoxys Distro Card Hacking.

4. MarcusRaven
    OP

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    Why would I need to us Deoxys Distro Card hacking? I looked at the program, and it looks like I could just load my save into it, check the Poketch apps, and then save it back and I'm done. Am I right, or is there something I don't understand?

5. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    it's possible, but comes with 2 downsides:
    more work if have an original pokemon platinum.
    chances your save file gets damaged.

6. MarcusRaven
    OP

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    Mine's on an EZ-Flash Vi, so backing up is no problem. I'll give this a go and post back on my results. Thank you.

EDIT: Pokesav did the trick just fine. (I couldn't find time to do it until now. Real kids require my attention more than digital Pokemon. Lol.) Anyway, no issues getting the apps. I just loaded my save, checked the boxes for the apps that couldn't be obtained by normal play, and transferred it over. Done deal. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.