Gaming Plastic cover replacement for DS Games?

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I want to know, is there a place to get a replacement so i put the board in it and play?
the plastic broke to hell, but when i tape it with masking tape it works so
i dont want to put masking tape, cus its hard to get the cartridge out afterwards,
so someone here knows, anyone selling?
thanks!

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a dick, but what the hell are you doing to your games?

I wouldn't use masking tape, maybe something thinner. Scotch tape, maybe?

Honestly, I'd say just replace the games with new copies, though I guess you might have saves or something you don't want to lose.

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Not to be a dick, but what the hell are you doing to your games?

I wouldn't use masking tape, maybe something thinner. Scotch tape, maybe?

Honestly, I'd say just replace the games with new copies, though I guess you might have saves or something you don't want to lose.

actually i already bought another copy; i just want to save the older one (if possible)

this is not what i need thanks tho

anyone else?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The URL given in the description doesn't seem to work anymore, though. But at least it shows you there is a replacement out there, you just need to find it.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-cart-replacement-cases.301688/
That guy sells replacement UMD and DS cases if I'm not mistaken. He is very capable of replacing the shells of things he repairs. It's part of the business that he's part of.

Edit: Also, yeah, the seller is nintendyfan. Remember the debug cart fiasco? Yeah, that guy. He's good at what he does, and I'm pretty sure he uses these cases himself in his work, so they should be pretty good for meeting your needs.

Apparently the guy that made those replacement cartridges is a memeber, but he hasn't been active since 2012.

And it seems hard to find any of his replacement cases today, why don't you buy a cheap crappy game and use the better case for your game.

--EDIT--
Watched the video and he seemed to literally brake open the cartridge, i wonder if it's possible to do it on a more gentle manner and use a small amount of glue to put it back together.

--EDIT #2--

Well I tried to do it gentle but the two parts seem to be glued together from the beginning thus making it hard to open the cartridge without breaking it in the process.

EDIT #3
And glued back together.

So as long you break it open gently so that the plastic that brakes off stays in it's place, gluing it back together won't be such a hard task.

And the game loads fine afterwards too.
xV8tDf3.jpg

Now go and buy that crappy game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD