OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PLANEX GW-US54Mini2W this Christmas and have enjoyed an internet connection with it. Now I want to go online with my NDS lite so I follow these instructions to a tee.

http://buyusbwirelessadapters.blog.cd/2010...igned-in-japan/

1. Download GW-US54Mini2_v1.3.0.0_XlinkKai_Vista_only driver from their website.

2. Do not plug the unit into your computer, install the driver software first then reboot. After computer was back up I also closed the Planex Wireless Utility from the system tray and deleted it from the startup folder and put a shortcut for it on my desktop.

3. Plug the unit in and go into device manager and update the driver from the folder the software installed in step 2. is in. Default path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Planex\GW-US54Mini2\Driver.

4. Go into Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, right click on the network adapter you have your internet connection through and choose properties. There should now be a tab called Sharing next to the Networking one. Click this tab and check the top option: Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection. Make sure the option below it is unchecked.

5. Now launch the Planex Wireless Utility software, I used the shortcut I placed on my desktop but you can also find in the Start button programs list. The first time this launches it will be in station mode so ignore any window that pops up and right click on the icon in the system tray and choose AP mode from the list that pops up. The first time I did this it seemed to take a minute or so but my computer changed to internet sharing mode, the device activated and I was then able to configure the settings on the device with the Config Utilities. I was able to go into Access Control and add my dsi mac address and choose allow all to filter it. In the Config tab I choose Security Setting and turned on Shared for the Authentication Type and WEP for the Encryption Type. I then put in my WEP key, hit Ok and Apply All on next screen and closed the Planex Wireless Utility. From this point on I was able to config my dsi wireless connection and it connected with no problem.

Everything appears fine as I test the connection except towards the end where all the bars drop completely and I get this error message 52000. Up until that point, everything seemed ready to go. Help?

M1dz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Have you google that error code? Second of all, What OS do you use and is it compatible to it?
Any firewall blocking it?

darksun45230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
M1dz said:
First of all, Have you google that error code?

Yes, I have. I've gotten the same answer fed back to me. Check the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection."

QUOTE said:
Second of all, What OS do you use and is it compatible to it?

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, and yes, that tutorial is specifically for Windows 7.

Any firewall blocking it?

Not as far as I can tell. I've turn off AVG and Windows Firewall with no change. Also, the Planex Adapter program recognizes the DS's Mac Address just before it drops, so I have my doubts about it being blocked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.