PKHex not exporting usable files

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was editing a Pokémon Platinum save and any save exported from PkHex fails with Error Code 0xC8804478. I’m new to hacking and have a feeling that the answer is incredibly obvious so any help would be great.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was editing a Pokémon Platinum save and any save exported from PkHex fails with Error Code 0xC8804478. I’m new to hacking and have a feeling that the answer is incredibly obvious so any help would be great.
Verify the checksum of your save in PKHeX to see if it's corrupted, it's one of the tabs on the right.

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about other details like how many items you have, trainer data, Pokémon legality etc. Is it all correct?
All I changed was IVs and PID of one Pokémon (it’s still legal) and put in back on the SD card. I even exported a different .sav with no changes and it still failed. I might be missing something obvious that I overlooked after Pkhex

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I changed was IVs and PID of one Pokémon (it’s still legal) and put in back on the SD card.
I thought exporting saves gave you errors?
I even exported a different .sav with no changes and it still failed.
Are you exporting saves to an sd card? If it's locked, it would definitely give you an error because it doesn't allow it to write anything to your sd card.

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought exporting saves gave you errors

Sorry for not being clear but I only get the error after exporting and putting it on my sd card. When I open checkpoint on the 3ds I can see the saved but I am told “failed to read save file backup”

Are you exporting saves to an sd card? If it's locked, it would definitely give you an error because it doesn't allow it to write anything to your sd card.

Not sure what you mean fully, but I move the files to a folder on my PC then copy them to the appropriate folder on the sd

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I move the files to a folder on my PC then copy them to the appropriate folder on the sd
You "move"? You should check if your sd card (where your save is) is unlocked and not write-protected, Sliding it upward will unlock the card and give you write access (sd card adapter).
Make sure pkhex is updated.
Try with a save that's located on your pc, edit something in PKHeX and click on overwrite save.

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by write protected you mean not being able to write data on it that’s definitely not the case (I have a new 3ds with micro Sd anyway). I am able to see the folders I have the saves in on checkpoint. I updated PkHex and tried again but that didn’t work either

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by write protected you mean not being able to write data on it that’s definitely not the case (I have a new 3ds with micro Sd anyway). I am able to see the folders I have the saves in on checkpoint.
Then tell me how is it plugged into your pc? You got to be using an adapter of some sort?
If the micro-sd card is inside an sd card adapter, then it can be locked/unlocked.

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then tell me how is it plugged into your pc? You got to be using an adapter of some sort?
If the micro-sd card is inside an sd card adapter, then it can be locked/unlocked.

Im using this adapter that I plug into a USB port

Attachments

• 8F18A7DA-FE2F-4411-BF14-9E6AC90F94F2.jpeg
    8F18A7DA-FE2F-4411-BF14-9E6AC90F94F2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you exporting them? Do you have the cartridge or do you use an emulator or flashcard? When is the error coming up?

I am exporting by pressing the export button in PKHex, that’s it. I have the cartridge. The error comes up when I try to restore the save onto the cart in checkpoint

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using TWLSaveTool, i think checkpoint doesnt like ds games that much

I tried installing it unzipped into the 3ds file but when I open it in the Homebrew Launcher I get a system crash. The preview screen is a garbled mess

Attachments

• 0E79283A-6DB4-46B4-B66F-D61FCDF9955D.jpeg
    0E79283A-6DB4-46B4-B66F-D61FCDF9955D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 36

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing it unzipped into the 3ds file but when I open it in the Homebrew Launcher I get a system crash.
..Tried installing the cia file of TWLSaveTool? How are you opening that in the Homebrew Launcher? You're opening the .3dsx version of TWLSaveTool and not the installed cia version.
The preview screen is a garbled mess
Re-download the file and try again. Though it sounds like you have a messed up sd card. And it should explain the issues you're having above.
You should test the sdcard with h2testw to make sure it's not faulty or defective.

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..Tried installing the cia file of TWLSaveTool? How are you opening that in the Homebrew Launcher? You're opening the .3dsx version of TWLSaveTool and not the installed cia version.

Re-download the file and try again. Though it sounds like you have a messed up sd card. And it should explain the issues you're having above.
You should test the sdcard with
h2testw to make sure it's not faulty or defective.

The SD card tester said the card was clean and the one I’m using came with the system. I also redownloaded twlSaveTool but I still got a crash upon opening the file (yes the 3dsx file)

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does it fail to export or does it fail to load in checkpoint?
When exactly do you received the error?

Edit: This post suggest the save file might be the wrong one.

Tryclyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it fail to export or does it fail to load in checkpoint?
When exactly do you received the error?

Edit: This post suggest the save file might be the wrong one.
The post you linked describes my exact problem. How would I know if I’m editing the wrong game or if my cart is counterfeit (I doubt it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/