Hacking PkgDecrypt, extracting pkg without license? whats the difference?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the tool mentioned here:
https://github.com/TheRadziu/PkgDecrypt // https://github.com/weaknespase/PkgDecrypt/releases

It can extract pkgs, however, it mentions that you need to use --license in order to extract the package, however, excluding the license from the command line, still extract the package.

Is there something im missing? will something wont work? are the keys inside the app? i mean, there is a keylist.txt that it can be used, but it does extract the package without license input.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That answered NONE of my questions :C

I got the keys and everything, but the executable can extract the pkg without license. why is this? is this normal? should it work this way?

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, if it works, it works! But if you are worry that something would go wrong in the long run, only time will tell.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not worry that something goes wrong, i mean, official pkg can be extracted without license, thats pretty weird to me. and that was what i was asking.

Does it generate the work.bin under "app/[APP_ID]/sce_sys/package/"?
This, using license, does generate the work.bin, and without license it does not, what does that file do, or what is the difference on the methods?

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im not worry that something goes wrong, i mean, official pkg can be extracted without license, thats pretty weird to me. and that was what i was asking.

This, using license, does generate the work.bin, and without license it does not, what does that file do, or what is the difference on the methods?
Welp, the work.bin is the fake licence which works with Nonpdrm, without that file the game will not boot.

That being said, that is why I'm recommending to build a licence database.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,
Reactions: ScarletDreamz

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKGDECRYPT support for WINDOWS XP (other releases don't support winxp)
https://github.com/RikuKH3/unpkg_vita/releases
unpkg_vita.exe 1.pkg -key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The above between the dotted lines goes into a .bat file, create a notepad file and then rename the .txt extension to .bat.............place the contents of the package in your "C:" folder you should the windows folder there also.........................rename your .pkg file to "1.pkg"", and replace the "XXXXXXXXXXX" with the .zrif key string so a work.bin is created in the right folder

(just use "unpkg_vita.exe 1.pkg" in a batch file (.bat), to get the contents without the key string, but it will be worthless without a work.bin file that is created with the zrif key string)

(the programs are named the same, but they don't all support Windows XP!)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-