Hacking PKG1 and PKG2 mismatch.

ohlawd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally restored GPP without restoring BOOT and from reading on the issue It seems that I have a mismatched PKG 1 and 2. I'm quite illiterate when it comes to homebrew so I couldn't really find solutions to the problem or more likely, identify the solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally restored GPP without restoring BOOT and from reading on the issue It seems that I have a mismatched PKG 1 and 2. I'm quite illiterate when it comes to homebrew so I couldn't really find solutions to the problem or more likely, identify the solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

anything stopping you from booting back into Hekate and putting it back or at least redoing the restore with matching Boot0/1+GPP restore?

ohlawd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anything stopping you from booting back into Hekate and putting it back or at least redoing the restore with matching Boot0/1+GPP restore?
I can boot into Hekate but I don't have the NAND files as I accidentally deleted them. So all I have are the mismatched PKGs.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't boot into the stock SYSnand or CFW, only the Hekate launcher.
if you did this on both without a backup we’re in a bad spot, my friend. If you have to recreate this from scratch you will be self banned as a result. Before you go down that rather permanent route, You really should double/triple check that you can’t boot either environment and that you absolutely do not have any backups anywhere. Even really old ones would help out immensely…

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked my PC and I do have a back up of the BOOT files. Would that help me in any way?
You need a matching set. At this point I would boot into Hekate and backup what you have before doing anything else. Then you can try restoring your old backups. 🤞🏼

ohlawd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried restoring it again and now it outright just won't turn on. It won't connect to the PC either. I guess this is it sadly.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Well, I tried restoring it again and now it outright just won't turn on. It won't connect to the PC either. I guess this is it sadly.
Unless you're using Pegaswitch there's absolutely no way you have perma-bricked yourself by modifying the NAND. Are you sure the console is turned on and charged? Try leaving it on charge for a while and holding power for 30 seconds to ensure that it is off.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. At worst you can do a donor/rebuild. It will be banned from connecting to Ninty, but you’ll still be able to use all other features.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99oDXXrjspw