pun intended!

MarquisMark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDarkElement said:
This is probally the stupidest question ever. Haha you pirate but you still want to pay nintendo? They make billions off us.

Less so for Nintendo but what about the littler ones? Midway, Activision, Atari, even Sega to some extent. I don't have any specific games to make my point.

Developers work to make this stuff. If I got an hour's worth of enjoyment, I'd be willing to pay a couple bucks.

This is more of a thought exercise if nothing else. Just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me.

MarquisMark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
I propose a Will Pirating Morality Pros/Cons Sub forum so we don't need these useless threads in the Wii Hacking forum

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Feb 1 2009, 03:56 PM) @mcj I would argue they break up the banality of a forum full of softmod threads that are frequently the same.

Exactly my thinking. There are tons of howto's & "omg I'm bricked" threads. I thought I had something different & interesting to discuss. If not, the mods are free to delete, lock or move this. No hard feelings.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's not a wii game, but I pirated portal, completed it and then bought the full version off steam.
Valve is one of the very few game devs I think actually deserve money

ffffffffffff

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiownzzz said:
I think after 14 years of buying their games and systems is enough pay for me. I'm only 16 (since 2 years old), yes I have had every Nintendo system from NES to the Wii and I have bought hundreds of games. Not only did I buy there games but damn...how many Pokemon cards? Thousands...looking back wasting $4 for 10 or whatever pieces of paper. SO yeah idc if I "pirate" a few Wii games lol, I have given enough. Besides I'm looking forward to buying a few games in 09 like The Conduit and hopefully...(If it releases) RE5. I always buy their Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. games.
tongue.gif

I believe you are confusing "your" money with mommy and daddy's money. Unless you had a job at the age of two.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I technically have pirated, but never from teh internets. I'll dump my friends games and then burn a copy for myself, which I consider a form of borrowing the game from them. That being said, I buy the games I think are worth it. Zelda, mp3, re4, ect. If I want to try (shit) 007 wii game though, I'll just 'borrow' it.

Wiiownzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ffffffffffff said:
Wiiownzzz said:
I think after 14 years of buying their games and systems is enough pay for me. I'm only 16 (since 2 years old), yes I have had every Nintendo system from NES to the Wii and I have bought hundreds of games. Not only did I buy there games but damn...how many Pokemon cards? Thousands...looking back wasting $4 for 10 or whatever pieces of paper. SO yeah idc if I "pirate" a few Wii games lol, I have given enough. Besides I'm looking forward to buying a few games in 09 like The Conduit and hopefully...(If it releases) RE5. I always buy their Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. games.
tongue.gif

I believe you are confusing "your" money with mommy and daddy's money. Unless you had a job at the age of two.
It's still going to the same fucking company.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FAST6191 said:
Please do not kick off the second hand thing again as it rarely stays a controlled debate, suffice it to say there is no way I am paying that kind of money for what is effectively a rental others take a stance similar to the one you describe and go all for the dev. I say we leave it at a lot of second hand shops do rip you off if you are not careful. This "for the dev" stance does seem to be relatively new though and one I was surprised actually got a foothold.
I agree and I am not trying to derail the topic or spurn a debate. I was just trying to point out that buying a game second hand contributes nothing monetarily to the publisher and developer. I am certainly not judging as I am a dirty pirate myself. Yarr...

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna address the OP. If you feel you want to pay the dev studio directly, I suggest a Money Order, or check if you don't mind them knowing your real identity. Just include a note that says something like you got the game on sale or used and you think it's worth more than whatever you paid and you want to compensate them for it. I really don't know what else to tell you.

I doubt they'll try to investigate further on what "pirate" sent them the money. Seriously, I tried to report an employer for piracy once to the BSA, they never got back to me. So at this point I just say fuck everyone, and take what I want.

Edit: Drunk and pissed off btw... fucking Cardinals.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I pirate(ugh, I hate that word) games that I know I'd beat completely in the time I would have it if I rented it. If it's something like Fallout or Halo 3 and it'd take me more than a week to beat or it lasts forever online, then I'll buy it.

I just don't wanna be a hypocrite for stealing from an industry I'm studying to be a part of.

That, and I'm a student who has to pay for University and doesn't have a job at the moment who cannot afford to buy a bunch of games.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol at the Australian comment. I know its ridiculous.

$400 for the Wii.
$99 for any game worth purchasing.
At least $69.95 for a DS game.

But any game I have truly wanted, (Brawl, Zelda etc) I have actually gone out and brought

I agree with the OP's view, it would make a lot of sense. But companies like Nintendo wont really in general, accept this. Its like convincing the government here to keep up with the times. Not gonna happen. (internet censorship im looking at you)

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
MicShadow said:
lol at the Australian comment. I know its ridiculous.

$400 for the Wii.
$99 for any game worth purchasing.
At least $69.95 for a DS game.

But any game I have truly wanted, (Brawl, Zelda etc) I have actually gone out and brought

I agree with the OP's view, it would make a lot of sense. But companies like Nintendo wont really in general, accept this. Its like convincing the government here to keep up with the times. Not gonna happen. (internet censorship im looking at you)

feel your pain, brah. ours are just a little more expensive here + there is the lack of any place to really buy decent wii games...*sigh*

D

Deleted User

Take a look at mine, much more expensive..

Rm 1140+ for a Chipped Wii with HBC, region converted from JPN to USA

RM240+ for a decent Wii Game

So, don't blame me! Imma student!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning