Piracy...

ByteMunch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I was watching TV and panorama came on, telling me about piracy. Apparently, in UK, there will be new laws to stop pirates. My question is, are they allowed to monitor my internet access, and throttle or cut off my internet? Thanks.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SimpyDsi said:
Well, I was watching TV and panorama came on, telling me about piracy. Apparently, in UK, there will be new laws to stop pirates. My question is, are they allowed to monitor my internet access, and throttle or cut off my internet? Thanks.
apparently i always hear of mmore people getting caught in europe for piracy and stuff..so.........yeah like those german raids....yeah

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they start monitoring your internet than there would be a huge civil rights violation thing. Odds are the laws just enforce tougher penalties and screw over more uploaders. The thing with piracy is that governments don't go after downloaders. Think of it as weeds in the sidewalk. You can cut them with scissors, but they'll just grow back. Not until tear out the root (aka the uploaders) that they'll stop growing. And if governments already do monitor the internet without our knowledge, they won't blow it wide open to crack down on some kiddies who want to listen to some rad tunes for free. They'd only do it if it was a national security threat, like a terrorist talking with his cohorts over the internet. I haven't checked the new laws but I'd assume they won't really do much.

ByteMunch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cool, thanks guys.
happy.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mostly uploaders get caught, they don't care that much about the downloaders. Uploading is the only way for a file to be spread across the web, so if they get to the source of the uploaders they get the downloaders too, in a way.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
pretty much +1 on whats been said.
However, I have heard cases of mass downloaders getting sprung, i mean like, this guys that have servers open constantly downloading from places etc etc.

But yeah, Its mainly uploaders

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you're concerned about being monitored, you could ditch torrents, or whatever you're using, and move onto usenet with ssl encryption.
wink.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
If they start monitoring your internet than there would be a huge civil rights violation thing. Odds are the laws just enforce tougher penalties and screw over more uploaders. The thing with piracy is that governments don't go after downloaders. Think of it as weeds in the sidewalk. You can cut them with scissors, but they'll just grow back. Not until tear out the root (aka the uploaders) that they'll stop growing. And if governments already do monitor the internet without our knowledge, they won't blow it wide open to crack down on some kiddies who want to listen to some rad tunes for free. They'd only do it if it was a national security threat, like a terrorist talking with his cohorts over the internet. I haven't checked the new laws but I'd assume they won't really do much.

They were planning on employing a third party company to spy on people and giving any rights holders the ability to block a website in the UK merely by accusing them of infringing their rights.

yes it is a huge civil rights violation but they'll do it anyway because the current government just wants to screw this country up as much as they can

Guy who proposed the plan wasn't even an elected official ffs, just a guy getting behind the scenes payments from the big companies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!