pipe smoking vs cigarette smoking

If someone was smoking around you, what would you prefer them to smoke?

• Cigarette

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pipe

• Cigar

• Total voters

Logan 5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm switching over to pipes for now. Pipes are classier, classical, and a genuine hobby where as cigarettes are just more of an addiction.

EDIT: can someone edit a pipe into my ava i can't get the madmenyourself site to load. No compensation available.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're both gross and both an addiction. No matter what spin you try to put on it, that's all they ever are.

I suppose that I could help you with your avatar...

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both are disgusting.
a black and mild here (i guess you would consider that a cigar? its pipe tobacco though
tongue.gif
) and there arent too bad, like at a party or something, but otherwise its really unattractive and really bad for you.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to kill yourself through smoke inhalation you might as well get high in the process. If I had to choose I would pick marijuana.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
woah.jpg
Pipe
snus01.jpg
Snus

It's a good combo. A pipe is work, and kinda expensive on the outset because you need to get two, one to smoke while the other rests. The snus is handy and fits in your pocket. It's spit-less and not really noticeable, so you can do it anywhere. It's great when you get a big crave, and it'll certainly help you off the cigarettes. Pipes are best for the end of the day when you've got some relax time. Don't start smoking a pipe to get off the cigarettes though, you'll get frustrated and give up, it's a habit you have to cultivate.

Logan 5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks _chaz_ now my avatar is classy! Also, I have a pipe that looks very similar to that so its perfect.

mthrnite that pipe is awesome what type of wood is it? I'm not trying to quit smoking by switching to pipes, I have been flirting with pipes for a few years now and at home I regularly break up a cigarette and put it in a corn cob pipe. It's just that I have rarely seen someone actually smoking a pipe in public and I imagine that is because pipes are associated with drugs. I don't care anymore I'm going to start smoking pipes in public now instead of cigarettes, I think i'll need to get a more portable one soon like a "one hitter" or something small like that. I have also tried the snus that camel makes and its much better than the wet variety, although I occasionally partake (usually when there is no other option for nicotine induction, like when i worked overnight at a department store) I find it uncomfortable and it doesn't really satisfy my needs.

Great men smoke great pipes!

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Pipes are cool. They come in different colors and shapes and can be made up of different things (glass, wood, obsidian, etc)

A cigarette is just tissue paper folden well in a cylinder with a yellow sponge thingy to inhale from.

oh and mthrnite, you remind me of Moby! are you moby?? x.x
(totally off topic, i know, ignore)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i would look pretty strange with a pipe in my mouth walking down the street as a 27 year old wouldn't i? the only reason you would use a pipe is a bong to smoke some green.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a Ben Wade danish hand golden walnut (pictured), and a couple of smallish meerschaums that I swap around. Had an old Dr Grabow but it got crusty and I tossed it, those are the cheapies.. they don't smoke very well, but they'll do for swaps. Spend a hundred on a hand model though, it's worth it. They take a bit of breaking in, and good care, but you'll have it forever. Also, try different tobaccos in the cheapy, when you settle on a flaver, use it exclusively in your hand model. For a small pipe, I do suggest a meerschaum. They get kinda hot, like all small pipes, but they aren't very expensive and if you get a good carve, they're classy looking, especially after they start to turn color.

..and yeah, I'm Moby, don't tell nobody though, I hate adulation.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little heads-up.
Pipe tobacco isn't nearly as expensive as cigarette tobacco.
Less than half the price.
And many brands taste better.
Which is why I'm quite happy that I've gone to making my cigarettes from Southern Steel brand pipe tobacco.
I've managed to get the price down to $7 per carton, the taste is far better, and there's no ethylene vinyl acetate like you'll find in US fire-safety compliance cigarettes these days.

Logan 5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes where I live there have been dramatic tax increases on cigarettes in recent years, but it seems to affect only cigarettes. At first even the bulk cigarette tobacco stayed the same price, then it nearly doubled I don't know if the law was changed or if the tobacco retailers saw an oppurtunity for profit? Anyway cigars don't seem to be affected, packs of cigars have gone up but individual cigars are about the same, and the psuedo cigarette cigars (in a cigarette box with filters) are a great bargain at $1.25-$2.00 a pack. Pipe tobacco seems to have not really gone up at all, I used to save the tobacco from emptied cigars and smoke that but now I have been getting Half and Half from Burley and Bright b/c the lady at the store said it had a plain flavor. What type of pipe tobacco have you used? I'd like to try some liqoury flavored tobaco like rum or brandy or something but vanilla and cherry are not my style.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-