Pink NDS With Broken Hinge.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Lee79, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Lee79
    OP

Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
    I got given a Pink NDS that has a broken hinge as one of my friends got a new one for christmas, it works fine and the screens are in imaculate condition as they have had screen protectors on them from day one. I want to change the cases for a better colour. Can you change the plastic frame's around the screens or will they have to stay pink?

This is the damage

[​IMG]

Does this mean I need a new hinge aswell and is this the correct part?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24846

2. Lee79
    OP

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
    So is this all I need to get this up and running?

[​IMG]

3. Quanno

Quanno GBAtemp Fan

Apr 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    You know that the second on that list is DSi only?

4. adriande2

adriande2 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2008
    United States
    I had a similar problem, a piece of plastic near the powers lights was chipped off.
    Not only did I have a screen needed to be held up, I also had the trouble of the screen only working at the angle you would normally prop the screen when playing.
    I didn't do case replacement myself but be careful if you're going to replace the case, you don't want something out of place and find out afterward.

5. drkshinigami

drkshinigami Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2007
    United States
    I believe the shaft is not needed.

6. pizzahutmaster

pizzahutmaster Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2008
    United States
    Yeah if you get a shaft get one for the DS Lite.

Also be VERY careful with the power slider when you are putting the case back together.
    I have already broken two and its a hassle to put a new one on.

7. outgum

outgum Pokemanz Master

Sep 22, 2009
    New Zealand
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    My Black Dsl broke in the same place >_>
    its not detached like yours though, mines just cracked, screen still holds together though, which is good

8. Lee79
    OP

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
    Ok thanks guys for pointing that out luckly I have not ordered it yet, waiting for the funds.I am still going to get a new shaft just in case and hope it does not happen again. I got a good tip to stick the switch's in place with tape before putting the botttom case back on so as not to brake the switch. Does anyone know of a case on DX that comes with the screen frames and are they easy to change I dont want any pink on it when I have finished? Will post more pictures when I have finished it.

9. Rising_Dragon

Rising_Dragon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2009
    United States
    If I were you I would either wait for the AK2i flashcart to go back in stock, or buy it else where if you want that.

Also, I highly recommend getting the microSD(HC) from somewhere else. I can sure you can find cheaper if you can stand to wait.

10. XXNatus

XXNatus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2009
    United States
    I recently replaced my brother's case, as it was broken in the same place as yours. I ordered the screen shaft along with the case but I did not need it, as the one it had was in near perfect condition. This is the case I ordered http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8696 and it came with the screen frames.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice