Hacking Pimp My Wii Help

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously you don't understand. I cannot use the WAD manager at all. Apparently to uninstall cIOScorp you just install the original IOS's but there's no IOS that will install any WADs.

Please keep in mind that I cannot install any WADs with any IOS. I am still cycling through every IOS to uninstall cIOScorp but I need an alternative. You speak as if I'm not paying attention or following directions given to me but I am and it's not working.

Again if there's nothing I can do to install any WADs and that's the only way to fix my problem then I might as well restore my nand backup and then try modmii again. I'm not some sort of super noob. I've been hacking systems for a while.

What really gets me is that this problem came from nowhere. I haven't updated or installed anything. Everything was fine the day before and randomly WiiWare and VC as well as the WAD manager just wouldn't work anymore. For no reason.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to restore my nand backup. Fuck this.

Do you know if my Wii saves from now will remain intact or do I need to back them up as well? Please respond relatively quickly.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PimpMyWii has really screwed up your Wii, since none of the IOS have Truchabug. In theory PimpMyWii should not have touched cIOSCORP since version numbers are maxed out. But the fact that every single IOS has lost Truchbug means PimpMyWii messed with them.

I want you to run syscheck, it output more details about your IOS. You can find it here ----> http://filetrip.net/g25125163-sysCheck.html

Have you tried IOS236 installer? Give it a try if you haven't.
If you can't install IOS236 then I want you to do this,

1. Use Modmii or NUS to download all official 4.2 IOSes plus System Menu 4.2 (Make sure IOS70 is v6687)
2. Make sure HBC and bootmii is latest version. Use Hackmii if they are not.
3. Use DOP-Mii, select IOS61.

You must not lose power for following steps, use UPS if you must.

3. Remove IOS70 with Dop-Mii, then install official IOS70 (v6687).
4. Install System Menu 4.2 (Still using DOP-Mii).
5. Use MMM, Install the remaining IOSes besides IOS15.

This will effectively reset your Wii into 4.2 factory state. Afterward retry IOS236 installation again.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@trumpet-205 PimpmyWii didn't skrew up your Wii you did. Every IOS installed and/or patched by PimpmyWii is verified by the user.

@sKeEt you should have known cIOSCORP maxes out all IOS since the moment you read the installion tutorial. point being trying to update your IOS with pimpmywii is useless.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I will try that but maybe later as I'm pretty tired of doing this.

I don't know if it was PimpMyWii that screwed up everything. The reason I downloaded PimpMyWii was because of my WAD problem and even PMW wouldn't install anything. Basically since the beginning of my problem I have tried many different things PMW being the first, but they all involved installing WADs which I cannot do. So I technically have been doing absolutely nothing for the past week as nothing suggested to me will install in any way.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. So SysCheck encounters a problem and doesn't even continue nor create the report on my SD card.

This is what it says, "Failed to get the stored TMD size for IOS4"

Wonderful. Yet another thing that doesn't work.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thatz what I'm saying. It may just be much easier to restore nand and start from there.

Only thing I need to know is how restoring nand will affect my current Wii game saves.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question.

Do the nand and keys .bin go to the root of the SD card?

and I believe I have bootmii installed as IOS. I read it is not good to restore nand when bootmii is installed as IOS. Should I uninstall it first?

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it.

I don't care I'm doing it anyway. Tired of not being able to fix my many problems because of the damn WAD manager.

Stupid cIOScorp

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Keep both nand.bin and keys.bin in the root of your sd card.

You read it wrong. It is not good when you restored it through bootmii IOS. Launch bootmii in boot2 and restore NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: