Pikmin 2 issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by oscgee, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009

Pikmin 2 issues by oscgee at 3:22 AM (949 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. oscgee
    OP

Newcomer oscgee Member

United States
    I can't get Pikmin 2 (the new japanese Wii version) to work. If I try to run it through the disk channel I get a grey screen and the controller starts vibrating like crazy. If I run it through the backup loader in the homebrew channel the game works until the opening cutscene when you start a new game finishes then it freezes and the controller vibrates like crazy again.

I'm pretty positive I have all the IOS's that I need.. I don't think the game would work at all if I didn't but I double checked with Wiiscrubber and I seem to have them all. Does anyone know what my problem could be? and has anyone succesfully gotten this game to work?

by the way my wii is on 3.2 and I have a wiikey 1.9

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Try using a launcher like softchip, enable the 002fix and set the language to japanese..!! [​IMG]

3. oscgee
    OP

Newcomer oscgee Member

United States
    Awesome, that worked!! Thank you so much:)

4. Azariel_z

Member Azariel_z GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    Hi, what is softchip? a different loader? I have a US wii, and some JP and EU games dont run on it, compatibility issues, so will this help me on that case?

5. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Softchip is a loader which allows you to pick which IOS a game uses besides what language, etc. It may or may not help with PAL games, it should work with any JPN game though if the issue isn't an IOS one.

Using a regular loader you can also force japanese language which works for most if not all games.

6. Azariel_z

Member Azariel_z GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    thank you, though I ahve a Wii for a long time, I never bothered isntalling or loading IOS on my Wii, I am picking up slowly, so I quite missed a lot of things while updating wasn t necessary. I will get some info on the softchip to see if I get soem advantage using it. [​IMG]