Hacking picture thumbnails

sickofyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i put some images in my SD card and viewed it in moonshell, but it doesn't have thumbnail previews. how do\\can i make thumbnails? and how do i make the image to go on both screens if the DS?

sickofyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks. has anyone downloaded this: imgview0.6 for R4 image,carton viewing software?

i found it on the r4 site and what does it do?

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think that would be the image viewer the poster above you is referring to.

EDIT: More specifically, it takes a number of images and creates a .ipk file which works with the .nds included and it'll display your images, as well a thumbnail index of them. It's actually pretty cool and definitely loads bigger images (1600x1600 for instance) a lot faster.

sickofyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i downloaded the imageviewer now. i'm having some troubles on img2ipk. i have a folder with three pictures, i dragged the folder to the img2ipk, but it says "the system cannot find the path specified".

and how can i view the example ipk file? i copied it together with the .nds file in my SD card but it says "not supported.

thanks for those who'll reply.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Copy both the .ipk and the .nds to the same folder, then boot the .nds. As far as that error goes, I got the same error the first time as well. I think it's due to some default setting. Just go to Option>IPK file output folder and set that, then try to do it again and it should be fine.

sickofyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got the img2ipk working! thanks!

but... (not again) i now have the ipk file for the pictures and put it in an empty folder along with the NDS file. so i opened moonshell and i tried opening the ipk file but it says "not support ext.IPK". I also tried opening the NDS file and this is what it says: " not support adapter?"

sickofyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks for the time. im still confused.
smile.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell and ImageViewer are two totally different things. They do not interact or share files.

If you're trying to open the Image Viewer .nds file and it says "not supported adapter" you might be using the unpatched version of Image Viewer. Make sure you are using the Image Viewer .nds file that has already been patched for the R4. If you don't know how to patch it, you can get the pre-patched version from www.r4ds.net. Once you have the patched .nds version, just run it from the games menu, and it will pick up the ipk file and show you the thumbnails.

sickofyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yay it works now! thanks for the replies guys! now how can i view images with both screens? and oh..should i copy the imageviewer.ini im my SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-