OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kimnd2.jpg
If you didn't change the face to a chinese one this one would be suitable.

NOTE:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THAT TALIB KWELI PICTURE I USED , YOU CAN USE ANY PICTURE YOU LIKE AS LONG AS YOU DON'T ADD NEW OBJECTS TO THAT PICTURE, ALSO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE ORIGINAL PICTURE SO WE CAN CHECK OUT HOW MUCH YOU HAVE PIMPED THE PICTURE UP

Also for the spamming folks:
Comeone guys, If your making that kinda posts you know you can get banned.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to Timo710, I know you're being serious, I will redeem myself this evening with a sincere entry.
Other Discussions area often gets overshadowed by it's loudest child..
THE TESTING AREA!
Kudos to you for trying to steer it back..

Timo710

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to Timo710, I know you're being serious, I will redeem myself this evening with a sincere entry.
Other Discussions area often gets overshadowed by it's loudest child..
THE TESTING AREA!
Kudos to you for trying to steer it back..
Well I give up, I won't be posting any serious topics in here just react to the newsposts....

Sigh* why won't spammers get banned this is the : Computer Graphics and Art section , not the spam or testing section.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I give up, I won't be posting any serious topics in here just react to the newsposts....

Sigh* why won't spammers get banned this is the : Computer Graphics and Art section , not the spam or testing section.
Don't give up too quick. Some threads take a while to evolve. People (including myself) are prone to joke around in this section. It's hard for a serious thread in here to take root, but it's not impossible. I'd like to see it become a helpful area for those working on their art/Photoshop skills. Since I'm moderating it now, I'll try to steer it that way, but I'm not adverse to people having their fun (again, including myself) so I won't be quick to boot the jokesters.

I've been working with Paths in Photoshop for the first time, trying to get a handle on the concept and hopefully making my life easier in the long run. There's a learning curve involved though, especially since I've always been a "bitmap" kinda guy, and have generally shied away from structured graphics.
With that in mind, here's what I've been doing with your pic.

talibpath1.jpg

Timo710

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Don't give up too quick. Some threads take a while to evolve. People (including myself) are prone to joke around in this section. It's hard for a serious thread in here to take root, but it's not impossible. I'd like to see it become a helpful area for those working on their art/Photoshop skills. Since I'm moderating it now, I'll try to steer it that way, but I'm not adverse to people having their fun (again, including myself) so I won't be quick to boot the jokesters.

I've been working with Paths in Photoshop for the first time, trying to get a handle on the concept and hopefully making my life easier in the long run. There's a learning curve involved though, especially since I've always been a "bitmap" kinda guy, and have generally shied away from structured graphics.
With that in mind, here's what I've been doing with your pic.

talibpath1.jpg

QUOTE(dEC0DED @ Feb 2 2007, 06:17 PM)
talibkweliog2.jpg
WOW, I Never expected this topic to ever take of
biggrin.gif
deC0DED you got me off guard , thats great! how dit you fix up the Talib Kweli logo? Which font is that?
Mthrnite, I like your style, but you could have done something with the background.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
People are prone to joke around in this section. It's hard for a serious thread in here to take root
Um, since when?
huh.gif
Look through the archives, OT and Graphics normally retain some form of sanity. It's nice to see people taking an interest in graphics, but slap-on animated domo-kuns belong in testing and should bloody well stay there!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
People are prone to joke around in this section. It's hard for a serious thread in here to take root
Um, since when?
huh.gif
Look through the archives, OT and Graphics normally retain some form of sanity. It's nice to see people taking an interest in graphics, but slap-on animated domo-kuns belong in testing and should bloody well stay there!
ok, ok, by "people" I was specifically referring to "me".
nyanya.gif

Seriously, I've seen a few cool threads that actually have helped me, and a lot of "check out my sig" threads. I'd like more of the former, while retaining the latter. I mean, if you've got a cool sig you're proud of, show it off, talk about how you made it, what you learned in the process, etc...
I'm working hard to become something akin to an artist in the graphic field, and I know there's some god-like artists on this board. I just wanna see more, and learn more hopefully.. so shoot me.
Again, I've got no problem with the jokers, the guy who slapped on the domo-kun might've been pretty happy he managed it, best not to discount it out of hand. The element of "play" is important I think, in starting and staying on a path to artistry, I might be wrong, but it's helped me a lot with my music to just fart around a lot on nonsense. Actually some of my more nonsensical pieces ended up being the deepest when all was said and done.

Did I over-explain myself too much, too little, or just the right amount.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China