Phoenix Wright Anime Preview Available

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ElyosOfTheAbyss, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ElyosOfTheAbyss
    OP

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    ace-attorney-anime-4-656x369.jpg
    Last year at the 2015 Tokyo Game Show It was announced that a Phoenix Wright anime would be airing in April 2016 for Japan. Well, not that long ago we got a preview for the new anime. I personly prefer the animations in the games but that's not to say that this will be a bad anime.
    :arrow: Source

Codename and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    It autoplayed a surgery video after that... dafuq, Youtube.

So apparently it's an adaptation of the game, and not new content? That stinks.

3. YharnamBadass

YharnamBadass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    Some people like AA story but they find it too hard to play the whole game due to time or some other things, so an anime for those people would be great, one of my friends was playing ace attorney on emulator but couldn't keep doing it (let's face it, this game was made to be portable, it's not that comfortable to play it on computer) and she's delighted there's gonna be an anime for it.

ElyosOfTheAbyss likes this.
  4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    How is it not comfortable to play on an emulator? It's basically a point and click game, and those were made for the computer. You could perform most actions with the mouse, and if you had a mouse with extra buttons, you could do everything. You could also just watch a Walkthrough for it.

Think about it this way... let's say 50% of the people who will watch the anime have played the games. That means, if it's the same cases as the games, 50% of the viewers would already know what's going to happen, but if they were new cases, 0% would. I mean, I'll probably watch it since it's been a while since I played the original, but if they were all new cases I'd be much more excited and enjoy it more.

5. ElyosOfTheAbyss
    OP

ElyosOfTheAbyss GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2015
    I agree but one thing I'm not looking forward for is *SPOILER WARNING EVEN THOUGH ITS IN THE SECOND CASE*
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. YharnamBadass

YharnamBadass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    My friend in particular doesn't spend much time in home and if she uses the computer it will be most likely be for college homework, so for her it's definitely now comfortable at all. The same was true for me a while ago, and I would have not be even able to play AA on that time if it wasn't portable in my 3ds. Being able to save anywhere, and popping out the 3ds anywhere is a true blessing.For some people who mostly spend their time outside, it is incredibly cumbersome to play it on emulator compared to a portable device.

I find this anime the solution to that problem, can't play it on computer and don't have 3ds?. Ok, watch the anime.

Ace Attorney is a story EVERYONE should be able to enjoy. I find it heartwarming that I can finally show it to my friends who don't play games.

Last edited by YharnamBadass, Mar 10, 2016
    VinsCool likes this.
  7. solsolis

solsolis GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Outrealm
    A little bummed that it looks like it's going to a pretty much copy paste interpretation of the games, but i'll probably still watch. I hope if it does we will get new cotent.

8. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    I'll definitely watch the part where wright interrogates the parrot.

Chary and VinsCool like this.
  9. darkangel5000

darkangel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 26, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Unna, ~Dortmund :3
    Yay :3

Probably the first (and last) Animu I'll ever watch with english dub, if it'll be localized.

10. Koru Lyn Kita

Koru Lyn Kita Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    United States
    OltonTx