Pheromone Cologne

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...this is actually a blog that has nothing to do with the typical comments on this board. It is just something of interest to report. You may report this to teh admins who may remove this. You may even find it interesting.

#1 I am not a perv.
#2 I am not associated with this product outside of this test
#3 I have kids but divorced

This was really a joke that began off between my neighbor (we'll call her "J6" - to protect the innocent) and myself. She is married and her, her husband and myself are good neighbors (eat each others food, borrow stuff from each other, lend money, etc). So pretty good friends.
J6 and myself were on the internet looking for some sneakers or something and we caught the ad for pheromone cologne. We wondered if it worked and what if you sprayed it on stuff, would people go and near the sprayed area

Code:
Pheromones are naturally occurring substances that the fertile body excretes externally, conveying an airborne message to trigger a response from the opposite sex of the same species.

So we figured we'd see what happens if we sprayed it on stuff to see what happens.

I got the bottles about 1 month ago and put some on. To me, it had that smell of a dentists office - nothing weird or unique.
*I am thinking this is a scam/waste of money
I had J6 smell it - she says I smell clean. I said thanks alot!!!!! No seriously she said it didnt have any weird smell or felt turned on.
*I am even more sure this is a waste of money now
I sprayed some on 1 side of the couch before having a party at my house to see if anyone favored that side of the couch.
*I couldnt tell - everyone is getting up to get food/beer and sitting down again so...I dont know
A bunch of little tests with nothing really showing people are attracted to that area.

Now the strange part....
There was another get together at another friends of ours house (I will refer to them as M1 & M2) who had some people from out of the country over. Lots of kids there..like 6-14'ish. I put some on (thinking this is pointless but I smell like a dentist). Once I got to their house, M1 started sneezing so bad when I got near her that she was wondering what was wrong with my cloths (I did not splash it on - just 1 spray - I said it was new Febreeze Fabric Softner). So I am thinking "Oh shit - its' her house and there is a party in there but if I go in she is going to choke to death". So I was a little worried but that was ok as the beer was outside and no one else was sneezing next to me.
Then something else was occuring over time - the little girls were all fighting for my attention. I mean I was really not paying attention to this at first because well kids are kids. But when they scream your name and saying "watch this...watch this" doing cart wheels and singing and literally pawwing at me and at one point they where climbing up me like I was a tree, I was getting a bit uneasy thinking "oh my god - whats going to happen?". I mean this was not normally little girl things. So I scrape them off with the help of their parents and go standing next to the fire, which had a bit of smoke hoping to disguise this a bit. That didnt seem to work as the girls got to fighting and their parents had to tear them a part and separate them. They were fierce - it was definitely strange situation. One mom says that I look like her Uncle so that must be it.
*That didnt put me at easy at all
I go to the bathroom and washup really good. But I am not sure if that did it or the parents scolding their kids calmed them down.

Ok - I will chalk that up to "just one of those things". I never felt uneasy around children like that before as they were literally going mental and I was like the eye of a hurricane.

Next strange thing...
We (J6, her husband and myself) go to the same bar over and over for a beer. See the same people over and over. This time I put some of that stuff on figuring maybe I'll get lucky with some chick there (Only J6 and myself are aware of the cologne). Well I get there and get a beer and the bartendar ("T") is working as she does on Saturdays. Now that I can look back at the situation, I do remember her cleaning the bar a bit more around me - like re-wiping the sides of the containers of cut lemons and restacking the same coasters - like 10 times. Then she comes around and she puts her finger in my chain wallet chain (yes I got a chain wallet as I lost my wallet before). She goes "oh I never seen this before " ...but she has... then she said her fingers stuck and starts tugging like pulling down instead of up (not really trying to get loose). She is like right next to me and rubbing up on me and then I remember she got this strange look and said "I got to go...I got to go". I think she just snapped out of it and realized where she was and what she was doing. She then stood around the other side of the bar until shift change only to come by and give us a few more beers when we were empty - without eye contact. J6 thinks it is the spray - husband is unaware and thinks she just weird. She is a little older and married for a long time.

What makes that strange is we hardly ever talk before this other than idle chit-chat. We are now back to normal as friends or drinker and server or however it is.

Next strange thing....
It was a Saturday and I get a call from my buddy that he wants to go play some video golf (same place as the bar above). This usually lasts from about 4pm to about 10pm. I go home, take a shower, get a clean t-shirt and put a spray on just incase but I will cover it with Axe deoderant. All is cool until about 8pm, out of the blue a long lost friend of ours pops ("L") in and she introduces us to her fiance'. It began off normal with introductions and "whats been happening". Then she was totally in this stuff. For example she was talking about "whatever" above the table and using both legs to clamp on to my 1 leg under the table...WHILE HER FIANCE IS SITTING NEXT TO HER!!!!
She start insisting on doing shots - which we all agreed on. About 11:30 pm her fiance' is starting some shit with me and my buddy. I mean he is angry (I am not really sure why - but I was pretty lit myself). Anyways he storms off and leaves her there with us. So we all look at each other and shrug our shoulders. About 12:30 my buddy has to go, leaving me and "L" there alone. She is all horned up and grinding up against me. She is lifting up her top asking me if I like "them" -the bartender is telling me to control her at which as soon as she put down her shirt the fiance comes in. I am like "gezzus...this isnt going to be good". Immediately they bolt outside and I go to the bar to pay the tab thinking "ok this is gonna be ugly outside as he wasnt too happy with us when he left".. Bartender was wanting to know what was up and I just said I hadnt seen her in like 5 years and she is getting married blah blah blah... Then "L" comes back alone. I asked whats up and she said he took off again and if he didnt come back by 2 am she was going home with me. I wasnt too cool with the idea of me dropping her off to a pissed off fiance' and she said "no I AM going HOME with YOU". Well 2am hit - the lights come on and everyone needs to go. Not to get graphic but I took her home and took advantage of the situation "like a rabid dog". In the morning we came up with the worst excuse ever...that she took off after he left her and walked to a motel and stayed the night.
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Here the bad thing is...is I dont know what he knows or what she said since then so I am looking over my shoulders.
Also doing IT with someones fiance...I mean if it happened to me I would be out for blood.
This aftermath of this situation is uncool at a mental level

I consider myself average looks - I could lose some weight but if you want a random adventure (good - bad - middle) you might want to try that stuff.
*note there are lots of times were there was no effect at all as people can be nice, polite, touchy as part of their own nature. Or because we are at work. I am not pushing this product

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif
That's crazy man. Too bad there's no control group on some of your experiences. i.e. What would have happened with "L" had you not been wearing the cologne. I'm guessing it wouldn't have been that much different. Sounds like she was out to make her fiancé jealous anyway.

Not sure what to think about the attention from the young girls. I seriously hope the cologne doesn't have that effect on them, or it could easily be put to nefarious use.
ohmy.gif

Anyway, it was a good read. Looking forward to more of your "testing".

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy is a definition that seems to fit

Yeah - the little girls were going nutz... it wasnt my intention as I thought this stuff had no "kick". It could be just one of those things... I never seen little ones get so wound up thou. And again, the only one that really has any true proof that this stuff is around is "M1" the sneezer
*Guaranteed I can make her sneeze...

As far as "L" - I dont know what to say except I am looking over my shoulders still......well 5 years ago she told me to lose weight and get a hair cut and dont be so gross... Her statements went in one beer and out the other
wink2.gif

Today - wore some to work - not a glance....
This weekend I have to prepare for a work/show next week to demo stuff so I might go out Friday but I need a clear head to study..... Next weekend I will party double-time and get caught up.

Also to those that may think I am promoting this stuff....if I were dont you think I would give a particular brand name?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting read, I always wonder if that bootleg product of a spray actually work. To this knowledge from this topic, its a brain-teaser! Also it can that whatever pheromones the product was using it doesn't have a huge effect as far as other pheromones product.

Heck its not a scam but at the same time it doesn't guarantee your money worth.

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know my farts dont attract anything - more like a repellent
laugh.gif

Hey seriously thou I might have just been paying attention to to events looking for a reaction and witnessing what I think I am witnessing.

I may have had the same series of events with plain old AXE and FEBREEZE fabric softener....
#1 I dont know the foreign kids so they may be insane by nature
#2 "T" the bartender may be weird - as we never have conversations that lasted longer than
"Um yeah - one more please"
so maybe she digs me and the other locals are there (my neighbors) and she may have thought "oh geez what will they think of me? Is my tips going to stop?"
#3 "L" ... I am not sure that she was just getting the fiance jealous... I mean ... well.... I dont know what their real life current situation (at the time) was. Maybe he doinked someone and she found out and got revenge. I dont know...

I dont think it is bottled magic and as Vulpes/Szyslak bring up - what if I was wearing Old Spice or didnt take a shower? Would the outcome be the same?
I know I was looking for a reaction to this product - testing on couch and a curtain (to see if people migrated there) and on a towel in the kitchen.... Those tests didnt show much results

I dunno

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ba da boom--tissssssssss
Hahahahaha

I wonder what would happen if I put it on before going to a funeral?
Or going to court?
or being stuck at Jury Duty?
or .... some type of lesbian golf tournament....now there is the ultimate test!!!

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wore some Thursday to work
Found another sneezer - but it could be a coincidence also just it started when I was around and continued for awhile until she had to leave the room
*again I didnt splash it on....just 1 spray in the AM (about 7:30 am) and the meeting was about 2:30 pm

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok Friday night...

Coke whore deviated from "her clan"
simple score

Coke whore really puts random element in the mix...chalking up as a NO EFFECT

*I known her from frequenting the bar.... other than her asking for a light for a smoke..
I never dealt with her

This cologne may not do sh!t as I (or anyone) is more apt to want to deal with buffoonery with the excuse of "this stuff works"
If that makes sense

*no I dont do coke.... pot and beer in excess possibly ... but not coke

But if you need to know...we did IT to THIS
*ok some cool music came out of the deal too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/intel-cpu-dispensing-vending-machine-game-spotted...