Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
*Sniffle*
cry.gif

The top screen of my Blue Phat DS has a sort of yellowish tint to it now. Everything is shown in that tint, and I can also occasionally see a sort of silhouette of what is on the touchscreen on the top screen. If I wiggle around the top screen I can get the normal color back and I would have to hold it in that position, or hold the top screen in that way.

Is there any solution to this? Get a new DS? Well, it is around 4-5 years old now, if not older, I got it so long ago, so I guess this was bound to happen...

Well any comments or advice are appreciated!
yaynds.gif

EDIT: Some grammar...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Oh, I think I had this problem...eventually the entire screen got worse; I just got a DS Lite in the end.
Same here.

I moved on the the DS lite after my top screen was fucked up.
It's weird to hold the lighter system at first, but you get used to it.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
Is there any solution to this? Get a new DS? Well, it is around 4-5 years old now, if not older, I got it so long ago, so I guess this was bound to happen...
You'll have to send it in to Nintendo. I used to go on their tech support forums and every topic I saw that described that problem was always referred to the tech support number and had to send it in.

Instead of shelling out $70+ on the repairs, just shell out like $80 for a refurbished/used DS Lite. (Gamestop's website says used/refurbished DS Lites are $80-90, so that's what I'm going on)

Sure, a lot of them have shoulder button problems, and hinge problems, but it's pretty much a better system overall.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
The Viztard said:
*Sniffle*
cry.gif

The top screen of my Blue Phat DS has a sort of yellowish tint to it now. Everything is shown in that tint, and I can also occasionally see a sort of silhouette of what is on the touchscreen on the top screen. If I wiggle around the top screen I can get the normal color back and I would have to hold it in that position, or hold the top screen in that way.

Well any comments or advice are appreciated!
yaynds.gif

EDIT: Some grammar...
Yep, I got this. I still finished Ace Attorney 2 with it like that though XD
Feels bad man, if I were you I'd get a DSL off eBay or somewhere. You don't wanna spend too much with the 3DS arriving soon.

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yea, I though it would come down to this. Well I guess I'm going to get a DS Lite (probably used) sometime soon...

Lolz, the whole reason I'm using my Phat was because the hinge on my Lite had broken a while ago, so I was stuck using it for the past couple of months. But hey, it did it's job, and did it well.

Thanks again guys!

nds.gif
->
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-