Hacking Phat Ds disassemble guide

rbbt780

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know where can find a disassemble guide for the phat ds i cant seem to find one on google anywhere

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of a guide as there really isn't anything you need to know when it comes to disassembling a phat (all you are doing is unscrewing, and releasing ribbon cables), but here's a youtube video you can watch.

Good luck
smile.gif

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive found a couple at different points in time but i could never find them after.

but i can tell you how i did it.

first you need to take off the battery cover (and the battery). then you want to take out all the screws in the back. this leads directly to the mainboard.

on the right side, unhook the hingle with the ribbon cable. under that there two cables. these are the touch screen and its backlight. you take those out by pulling the sides of where its connected out and gently tug it out. then in the top left section do the same with the ribbon cable there. this is connected to the top screen. theres screws in 3 places i believe. if you take those off, you will be able to take out the mainboard. (and the right/left buttons, be careful not to lose the spring)

taking out that reveals the touch screen and the pads for the buttons.

on the top screen it is a little tricky to take off. i can't remember if you can disconnect it after the mainboard is out, but theres 4 screws under the things (you cant miss em, they are bumps, two on the bottom and two on the top). after you take those screws out, you need to take a flat edge screwdriver (or something sharp), and kind of pry the two parts of the top screen off. after that you should be able to take it off the hinges. be careful not to ruin the cable going through the hinge (that connects to the mainboard). the green pcb's hold the speakers and the top screen is right infront of you.

i'd post pictures and stuff but it is hard for me to reassemble it, and i don't want to risk ruining my top screen ribbon again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet