Phantom Hourglass hack?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Grin59, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Grin59
    OP

Grin59 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    United States
    If I'm not posting this in the right place let me know.
    TL : DR at bottom.
    So I want to get the physical copy of LOZ Phantom Hourglass for my 2ds xl, but I also want the ability to use the D-pad and buttons like any other game. If I recall correctly there is piracy measures in place and I can't use the train unless it's a legit copy. I've patched the rom before and it worked but from what I remember the two patches don't work together and I can only have one or the other.

So, if I exacted the rom, patched it, would it still have the piracy measures in place? Does the same apply to Spirit Tracks?

Last edited by Grin59, Dec 2, 2018
  2. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Phantom Hourglass is from 2007. This is too old for anti-piracy “features”. No need to patch anything (besides the dpad-patch).

You mixed the two games: Hourglass is the one with the ship. The train is in Spirit Tracks. Unfortunately the later of the two games is from 2009 and has this “AP-features” with the unusable train like you said.
    However most modern flashcards do not trigger the trap and a dpad-patch should not change this. You only will get in trouble with the protection when using a really old flashcard or TWiLight Menu++. I don’t know if the AP-patch is compatible with the dpad-patch.

Grin59 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted