Phantom Dust Remake

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Games & Content' started by chavosaur, Jun 10, 2014.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    There's Not much about the original Xbox Exclusives that really stand out other then Halo. Most of those exclusives were left to die in a drawer after long years. But Now, we are getting a remake of a personal favortite title of mine from the OG xbox days.
    Phantom Dust.

For most people that didnt really get an idea of what the game is from E3, ill break down what the original is like for you. The new trailer showcased it like its a typical fighting game. And how wrong youd be if you think thats what the game is.

Phantom Dust is a strategy RPG that requires bulding of armies and skills in order to take on opponents in an effort understand the calamities of the world and reach conquest.

An extremely complex, but addictive and fantastic cult classic of a game. I cannot wait to see what Xbox has in store for its remake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Dust
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/e3-2014-phantom-dust-returning-as-xbox-one-exclusive

2. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    This is quite a bump, but I wanted to bring up some recent coverage of the game and information we can expect to unfold later this year.

First of all, Ken Lobb, Microsoft Studios Creative Director, has stated that Phantom Dust will be, "about a 30 hour JRPG," encompassing the entire retelling of the original story set forth in the game.

While this game is a remake, it is not going to be a direct port. Many elements will be changed in order to completely retell the story of Phantom Dust.

There have also been rumors on pricing, with a direct quote from Lobb stating, “gamers might not want to go out and take a sixty dollar risk,” which could mean the game could be a much cheaper arcade style price, or even free to play with added in DLC options, much like Xbox's Killer Instinct setup.

:arrow: Source

Ill be covering the game extensively, and will update this thread at any point I find new information regarding it.

3. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I played the shit out of Phantom Dust on OG Xbox over Xlink Kai, such great memories! I have a sneaky feeling though that M$ are going to fuck this one right up.. by adding a slew of microtransactions and possibly going free2play.
    Remember how you had to earn cards and equip them to use powers in the original? Well I can see those cards now being sold as packs for like 3.99 for 5 or some shit like that.
    I hope they don't go down this route but it's so obvious to me for some reason that this is what they will be doing.

chavosaur likes this.
  4. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    If the model does go Killer Instinct style, I have a bad feeling you'll be right about that. Killer instinct was free, but only gave you one character and you had to buy the rest to play with them, I have a feeling This could go the same. We'll see though, it should be at E3 again this year!