"Phantom Apps" in FreeShop

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by UnobtaniumGamer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. UnobtaniumGamer
    OP

UnobtaniumGamer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    A while back, I did a system format and lost all my games because I deleted my NNID like an idiot, but the games I had installed before the format show as being installed in FreeShop. If I try to hit Play, it just exits to Home Menu, and I'm too scared to hit delete. Tried tikSweep, didn't do anything to the problem. What's happening?

2. DrasticGray

DrasticGray Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    United States
    Ohio
    Did you continue using the sdcard after the format? the app files might still be present on your sd, even if the 3ds doesn't recognize them anymore.

BORTZ likes this.
  3. UnobtaniumGamer
    OP

UnobtaniumGamer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    Yeah, I've used the same microSD card for ages. Just for the record, this isn't piracy, I had the games legitimately back before I had CFW. Does that mean it'd be safe to delete it?

4. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I think I know what you are talking about. Open up your SD card management with the settings menu. If this is the same thing that happened to me, you will have a bunch of games that are grayed out with purple "X"s over them. Delete them, but make sure you have your saves backed up with JKSM. They might be broken because you deleted your NNID.

DrasticGray likes this.
  5. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    you can delete it fine.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

launch fbi and goto pending ticket installs and clear those out afterwards it should be fine when you relaunch

6. DrasticGray

DrasticGray Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    United States
    Ohio
    just make sure to back up the saves like bortz said.

7. UnobtaniumGamer
    OP

UnobtaniumGamer Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    Went to the very end of Data Management, and sure enough all the games were there. I didn't backup the saves because I wasn't that far along in any of them, so my saves didn't really matter. Thanks guys!

DrasticGray likes this.