lollipom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have a big issue with my .cia games.

I keep getting error 0xd900458b on just about every game I install.

My copy of Luma is up to date. I've also tried

installing the seed of some games through

fbi, which I think solved the issue for some

games but not all.

I suspected my SD card and decided to run H2testw on it: turns out it is defective. So I bought a new one from a good brand (micro SD with adapter, 32GB) and formatted it to 64KB cluster. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem; I still get this same error. I have no idea what could be the cause of this then.

What can I do to fix this error and just play my games? This is giving me a massive headache and really annoys me so if anyone could help I'd be extremely grateful

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, where are you getting this error, when you try to launch the game, or when installing the game in fbi etc. ?
So I bought a new one from a good brand (micro SD with adapter, 32GB) and formatted it to 64KB cluster.
You need to format it as FAT32 32kb cluster size (and not 64kb).

Reactions: Alexander1970

MeekoKyjhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, where are you getting this error, when you try to launch the game, or when installing the game in fbi etc. ?

You need to format it as FAT32 32kb cluster size (and not 64kb).
What cluster size do u recommend for a 256gb sd?

I was getting the same errors whilst playing on games like on mario kart 7 it would give me the (err disp) Process id 38 0xd900458b error after id beat a grand prix cup so i looked into this error code and apparently it has something to do with 'save hash and romfs' from then i checked other games that i have saves on and they all gave same errors too either when booting the game or loading a save from the in game title menu so i have now decided to delete all my saves and redownload all games again and have not had this error since.

I think my problem started when i upgraded my SD card from a 128gb to 256gb, my 128gb was 32k and i formatted my 256gb to 64k and then copied everything over so maybe thats how my saves/games got corrupted

I also updated not long ago to the latest luma before i noticed when this error started happening but i think it was due to the different kluster sizes.

Attachments

• 20221004_175330.jpg
    20221004_175330.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
Last edited by MeekoKyjhat,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What cluster size do u recommend for a 256gb sd?
Fat32 64kb. Use Guiformat to do that.
I was getting the same errors whilst playing on games like on mario kart 7 it would give me the (err disp) Process id 38 0xd900458b error after id beat a grand prix cup so i looked into this error code and apparently it has something to do with 'save hash and romfs' from then i checked other games that i have saves on and they all gave same errors too either when booting the game or loading a save from the in game title menu so i have now decided to delete all my saves and redownload all games again and have not had this error since.
The fake/sd card might have corrupted your sd card files (installed games)..
I think my problem started when i upgraded my SD card from a 128gb to 256gb, my 128gb was 32k and i formatted my 256gb to 64k and then copied everything over so maybe thats how my saves/games got corrupted
I assume you didn't back up your saves with Checkpoint or JKSM? And you don't have a backup of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder?
I also updated not long ago to the latest luma before i noticed when this error started happening but i think it was due to the different kluster sizes.
Luma3DS has nothing to do with this.

Reactions: Alexander1970

MeekoKyjhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fat32 64kb. Use Guiformat to do that.

The fake/sd card might have corrupted your sd card files (installed games)..

I assume you didn't back up your saves with Checkpoint or JKSM? And you don't have a backup of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder?

Luma3DS has nothing to do with this.
I formatted my sd card to fat32 64kb already so thats boxed off!

What do u mean by fake sd card, it could be faulty i only bought it about 4 days ago ive used these ones for alot of things both my 128gb and 256gb sd cards currently are from same brand an never had issues with, also used several others the same for wii u and wii

My nintendo 3ds folder along with saves i do actually have on my fat32 128gb sd, ive only deleted my saves from the 256gb sd and redownloaded the games for that sd card only

Abit more info: when i moved everything over to my 256gb sd. I recieved a random new update from nintendo which i installed but then realised i should of updated luma first so when i was playing bravely default an would use the party chat i would get an error arm11 or arm9 i think so i checked online an downloaded files 'boot.firm' which got rid of my arm11 error. Just incase this might factor in later on

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my sd card to fat32 64kb already so thats boxed off!
Are you talking about your old sd card or the new one?
What do u mean by fake sd card, it could be faulty i only bought it about 4 days ago ive used these ones for alot of things both my 128gb and 256gb sd cards
You said your old sd card came out as defective in h2testw, that means it most likely corrupted the data that was inside of it (games etc.), and that issue issue followed you with the new sd card as well, until you redownloaded everything.
My nintendo 3ds folder along with saves i do actually have on my fat32 128gb sd, ive only deleted my saves from the 256gb sd and redownloaded the games for that sd card only
If you have the original one, put it on the new sd card, just hope it's not corrupted already..
Abit more info: when i moved everything over to my 256gb sd. I recieved a random new update from nintendo which i installed but then realised i should of updated luma first so when i was playing bravely default an would use the party chat i would get an error arm11 or arm9 i think so i checked online an downloaded files 'boot.firm' which got rid of my arm11 error. Just incase this might factor in later on
Nope, it has nothing to do with it. And Arm9 errors are system related so there could a system file corruption going aside from the sd card, or a hardware issue..
If it was Luma, it would just prevent you from booting into the home menu. The Arm11 error wouldn't appear in-game..

MeekoKyjhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry this is confusing lol, im not the original poster but had the same 0xd900458b error as them.

Ive been using an 128gb fat32 sd card for while with no issues recently i decided id upgrade to a 256gb sd as i couldn't fit anymore games on my 128gb (being greedy but i really wanted fantasy life and other games)

I bought a brand new 256gb sd formatted it fat32 64kb and then copied everything from my 128gb sd over to my new one which had no issues, then everything was fine as far as i knew but then an update from nintendo appeared the most recent update so i updated without updating luma first (my mistake) then i noticed i was getting some kind of 'arm' error when researching online alot of people with same error fixed the problem by replacing the boot.firm file with the newest luma one which i did this got rid of my arm error, everything was fine again up until about 3 days ago when i'd be booting a game up or loading a save from in game title screen which would give me this 0xd900458b error which is something to do with saves and roms? so i then started thinking could it possibly be a cluster issue as my previous sd card the 128gb was 32kb and my new one is 64kb an maybe by redownloading all the games again whether it would get rid of the error which it has done for now and wondering whether the issue has truly gone, i dont want to be playing games an having saves again just for this process id 38 0xd900458b error to appear again

Im not sure where this error came from as everything copied over smoothly, im just curious as to how this error came about.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a brand new 256gb sd formatted it fat32 64kb and then copied everything from my 128gb sd over to my new one which had no issues, then everything was fine as far as i knew but then an update from nintendo appeared the most recent update so i updated without updating luma first (my mistake) then i noticed i was getting some kind of 'arm' error when researching online alot of people with same error fixed the problem by replacing the boot.firm file with the newest luma one which i did this got rid of my arm error,
Just forget about Luma already..
everything was fine again up until about 3 days ago when i'd be booting a game up or loading a save from in game title screen which would give me this 0xd900458b error which is something to do with saves and roms?
Corruption most likely, if not, it could be a hardware related issue, but it's too early to tell..
so i then started thinking could it possibly be a cluster issue as my previous sd card the 128gb was 32kb and my new one is 64kb an maybe by redownloading all the games again whether it would get rid of the error which it has done for now and wondering whether the issue has truly gone
The 64kb cluster size shouldn't be the issue, and transferring from 32kb to 64 wouldn't affect the files at all. 64kb cluster size is recommended for larger sd cards 128GB or plus, because if you want to play GBA VC games, the screen will not appear correctly.
If you don't care about that or somehow you want to go back to using 32kb on this 258GB card, then by all means do it.
Im not sure where this error came from as everything copied over smoothly, im just curious as to how this error came about.
I would backup my saves with Checkpoint if i were you, and format the sd card with whatever cluster size you want. i also assume that this new sd card was checked with h2testw already, otherwise go and do it.
Put just the Luma3DS file on your sd card, and a game (cia file) to test with, install with fbi etc. And test again, if there's no issues, then your Nintendo 3DS folder is indeed corrupted, you can either try to salvage what's on it like installed games, you can fump them with GodMode9, but if you don't wanna do that just skip it. As for your saves, you already backed them up as i already instructed you to do it. You can restore them whenever you wish (if they're not corrupted too)..

MeekoKyjhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will try this and noted! So not a luma or a cluster issue got it, i hope its not an hardware issue as everything was fine on my previous sd, everything seems fine now ive been playing games and had no 0xd900458b errors, will do more gaming this weekend an see if anything happens if it does i'll try the luma3ds an cia on sd an put it through fbi then test test and test

Im not too bothered about losing the games as have them backed up with cia files and my cartridge games backed up too so i may do a clean reinstall if possible will see how it goes and thank you! for helping an trying to get to bottom of what caused it.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol