Permanent CIAs?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MarkosGC, Jan 10, 2017.

1. MarkosGC
    OP

MarkosGC Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Canada
    I recently installed some CIAs on my 3DS, and I wanted to know whether or not these are mine permanently. Like, sets say I update my 3DS system, will the games still work? Will they still run even if I updated the 3DS, and if they don't, how do I get them to work again?

2. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    They are permanent. If you uninstall a9lh, custom CIAs won't boot, but will still show in the Home Menu. The only way for them to not work after you update your 3DS is if Nintendo got a way of uninstalling or blocking a9lh, which probably will never happen.

3. MarkosGC
    OP

MarkosGC Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Canada
    Ahh, I see. So it would be alright if I sell my hard copy versions of the games. Thank you so much

4. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Sell them and buy a bigger microSD. 128GB the max you can possibly use. But, if you have budget for a 256GB, why not? You can always use homebrew grid launcher and bypass the 300 title limit.

Last edited by Hyoretsu, Jan 10, 2017
  5. MarkosGC
    OP

MarkosGC Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Canada
    Oh really? That's interesting, I'll be sure to take your advice! Thank you for the help, it means a lot!