Apple Perhaps a Bricked Ipad?

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I buy a used Ipad tonight, dirty, but seems nice. 1st gen, 32 gig. has 4.2.1 And was jailbroken with GP... I decided with all the junk just to wipe it and go fresh. Hitting the reset internally on a jailbroken ipad bricks it apparently? I have tried several manual restores, but nothing is working. I keep getting error codes. (3194, 1600, 21, and 37) Have tried TU, but it just gives me a different error code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Use DFU Mode (basically a more thorough Recovery Mode), and make sure that the firmware you're restoring to has SHSHs backed up.

To enter DFU Mode, connect your iPad to a computer and hold down the Sleep and Home buttons for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button only.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What I do for DFU Mode:

MAKE SURE YOUR IPOD/IPHONE/IPAD is connected to your computer first

1. First turn off your apple device
2. Turn it on and keep holding the sleep button until the white apple logo shows
3. STILL keep holding the sleep button and also also hold the home button now.
4. When it shuts down to black LET GO of the sleep button but keep holding the home button
5. You will hear a sound when it goes to DFU mode on your computer.
6. Restore

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I do for DFU Mode:

MAKE SURE YOUR IPOD/IPHONE/IPAD is connected to your computer first

1. First turn off your apple device
2. Turn it on and keep holding the sleep button until the white apple logo shows
3. STILL keep holding the sleep button and also also hold the home button now.
4. When it shuts down to black LET GO of the sleep button but keep holding the home button
5. You will hear a sound when it goes to DFU mode on your computer.
6. Restore

This is nearly a month old now.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, guess i could have posted back. Sorry, but tried all of this while going through the process, still gave me errors every step of the way. Finally upgraded to IoS 5 with no problem. A tethered jailbreak doesn't bother me. Thanks for the advice though guys. As for the advice given...

Restoring in DFU mode: Had already tried... Gave me 1 of 10 or so error messages depending on how I did it.

Rejailbreaking: Would act like it was working, almost complete, and then just stop outright.

Edit: Seems an untethered Jailbreak of IoS 5 is supposed to be popping up within the next several days?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi