Hacking PegaScape with 3.1.0

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So Pegascape has been released with support for up to 4.1.0 fw thanks to caffeine, but looking at the sd setup site it implies 3.1.0 isn't supported.
Since I can't downgrade to 3.0.0 due to my original nand backup being 3.1.0, does this mean I need to/should update my default nand to 4.0.1 or 4.1.0? Is there any benefit to staying on 3.1.0 now?

I've used ChoidujourNX to update to 7.x without burning fuses (updated my game card slot when kosmos changed stuff around though).

If I should, can I update to 4.x with Choi, remove autorcm, boot to ofw to burn fuses, then go from there with pegascape and can I flash my current 7.x nand to emuMMC? (just to confirm, 3.1.0 means I have an original unit, not ipatched)

And would I need to backup anything new after updating to 4.x from 3.x, other than raw nand?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.0.2 con one of my switches that could be downgraded to 3.0.1 fue to same fuse count

3.0.1 is the latest version that could support software coldboot one day.

Software warmboot without jig and while on the dock sounds good, but i will continue with rcm, I m not updating to 4.x

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only pro of this is that you don't need dongle/jig/autorcm to use it.
If you're on lower firmware, then you have more exploits to use. It depends on you if you don't mind using it this way.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand this question?! You want to use pega scape on a unpatched unit (which is a warmboot exploit)...but why? FG is so much easier!? Or faster...whatever...
Oh nvm I was being stupid, I thought it was a coldboot solution after the first use. If it's software warmboot every time then yeah makes no sense why I would switch. Especially with reboot to payload.

Sorry for the confusion. Can a mod go ahead and delete the thread please, I wouldn't want other people coming here and getting just as confused.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: See some new 830gb builds that should work on the cheaper ones