Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
peace.gif
[/p]
...I have nothing to add... I just hope that the insanity is going to stop soon, before this unnecessary war will harm innocent people.

...Peace...

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hear hear.

I have always hoped for a day when war will be unneccessary, but our predjudices and stubbornness as a race keep getting in our way. However, we still have the potential for peace... let's hope that we put aside our differences soon in the name of peace.

-Tempest out.-

Koekie

djgarf RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!!! :D
Banned
Trophies
Website
uniemelk.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since the war couldn't be prevented, let's just hope it is quick with few casualties.
you're right, it couldn't be prevented... but the americans should have finished the job in the gulf war. (desert storm) But I don't think it will be a short war. Iraq has already attacked kuweit!

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats Kuwait. I kindly disagree with KiVaN. I think the war is necessary so that Saddam doesn't attack Israel or any other nation.
There is proof that he has chemical and biological weapons and he is working on nuclear ones. He tortures innocent people. He puts men in shredders and forces others to watch. I hope I have made my case (God I just sounded like the president). Well I'm glad I can voice my opinion. Nothing personal about any of yall who don't want war. Just voicing my opinion. Thanks
biggrin.gif

don kikong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just feel very sad for the people of iraq. have they done anything to deserve a war in their country? i dont think so. its wrong they have to suffer and have their familys shattered just because of the battle between Bush and Hussein.
mellow.gif

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the fact that sometimes, war is necessary. And this might be one of them. However, I definitly don't feel this is the right time or president to do this. Bush is too thick headed in my opinion. And I would feel differently if we were able to get the support of the UN as well (I think Bush calling the UN pointless was a stupid-a$$ thing to do).

I'll support the people that are involved in this, but I won't support the cause.

Alexander

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.2ya.com
XP
Country
Italy
war means innocent killed I think every war shold be taken only as LAST resource of terrible Crisis.

By the way now it's not important who's right or wrong.. What's relevant is to Pray/think about the innocents involved.

kornkid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
WHAT DON'T YOU LIBERALS RELIZE WAR IS NECCASARY YOU WANT A TYRANT SHOOTING BIO AND CHEM WEPAONS AT PEOPLE WHAT IF HE ATTACKS MY BELOVED ISRAEL! AND THE U.N IS POINTLESS U.N STANDS FOR UNNECESARY NOISE! THEY CNA DO NOTHING RIGHT THEY ARE USELESS NOW THEY WERE GOOD BACK IN UP TO THE 1950'S BUT NOW THERE USELESS! THYE HAVE REPEDETLY CONDEMMED ISREAL FOR WHAT ISRAEL HAS DONE TO DEFEND IT'S SELVES HAVE YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF COLLATERAL DAMAGE SHIT HAPPENS NOW I'M NOT SAYING WHAT AHPPENED TO THE WTC WAS WRONG BUT I'M SAYING THAT WAS UNPROVOKED THIS WAR IS WAR IS NECCASARY TO REMOVE THIS ARAB THREAT!

S

Sobtanian

Being a british citizen of iraqi origin, with my dad + brother in baghdad as we speak, and me and my mum in london, and all my friends (I lived in iraq for 10 years, just before, through, and after the gulf war) over there, I am speechless. I couldn't go to work this morning cause the night before me and my mum hadn't slept watching our city being bombarded.
not that saddam's right, but neither are the brits nor yankies. You will never understand how it feels to watch your own home being bombed with your close ones in the middle of it.
Pray for us all please
frown.gif

monkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want to apologize to the rest of the world on behalf of all of the people here in the US who disagree with our president. Please don't think just because he has enough power to ignore the will of the rest of the world that all Americans agree with his actions. He's trampling 50 years of cooperation and alliances, damaging the UN, and probably steering us to WW3, another global recession/depression, and/or a major environmental disaster, all in the name of his ego and his and his friends' interests (whether it's oil, or things like the fact that Vice President Cheney's old company got the major contract to rebuild public utilities in Iraq after the war).

I agree that Saddam Hussein is probably a very bad guy who should not be in power, and probably should have been taken out last time, and I support and pray for our troops because they're not the ones who put us in this situation, but by going against the UN and our allies we're screwing everybody most especially ourselves. I think this country is really going to regret his actions in 10 years when we're still in debt from this thing and have lost all of our international goodwill. I also think it's very pitiful that now that the war has started, everybody here seems to be supporting it for fear of looking 'unpatriotic', and the media is turning it into an entertainment event. For the first time in my life, today I'm actually ashamed of my country. My only hope is that Bush's time in office is limited and hopefully enough people will disagree with him to get him out of office at the next election (not that he really legitimately won the last one either).

ANYBODY BUT BUSH in 2004!

--

And kornkid don't even get me started on israel 'defending' itself. I hardly call what Israel does merely 'defending'. Yes, Palestinians are wrong for suicide bombing and terrorism but your country has also spent the past 50 years persecuting and murdering them. Both sides in your conflict have behaved horribly -- if there's one place the UN needs to stand up and intervene with a peacekeeping force, it's in Israel, and the only reason it hasn't happened yet is that the UN turns a blind eye, probably mostly because of US influence. If that were going on anywhere else in the world the UN would have been in there years ago.

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kornkid: There is no need to act like that. No one is saying that Sadam isn't a threat. Cool your jets.

Sobtanian: There are a lot of things that a wrong with this war on both sides. It isn't just one country's fault. It's a shame that it has to happen, but it probably would have happened anyway. I just really wish we had a much more compitent president.

And to people that automaticaly think that what they know is right: remember, you've only heard what you're government has told you. Before you judge anything, listen to all the sides of the story. There are a lot more POV's to this story than you think.

QUOTE said:
ANYBODY BUT BUSH in 2004!
God yes.

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The U.N. is a bunch of fleabags because they passed a resolution in 1990 for Saddam to unconditionally disarm and he hasn't done it for 13 years. They failed to follow through with action in 1990. They are worthless. In addition to that 12 other resolutions were passed and none of them followed either. I'm sorry. I just don't think the U.N. is very useful.
sleep.gif

Solution 9

Trophies
Website
brady.2ya.com
XP
Country
Canada
The U.N. is a bunch of fleabags because they passed a resolution in 1990 for Saddam to unconditionally disarm and he hasn't done it for 13 years. They failed to follow through with action in 1990. They are worthless. In addition to that 12 other resolutions were passed and none of them followed either. I'm sorry. I just don't think the U.N. is very useful.
sleep.gif
*Heres my opinion on this situation, don't take it personally, its just an opinion.*

Heh, typical american view. The U.N was useful until the States decided it wasn't. If ANY other nation went ahead with an illegal war such as this, the States would tear them a new ass.

This war is totally unnecessary. Bush provides no proof of weapons of mass destruction. The military will spend millions for this unecessary "war", while they could spread a few million around and feed starving people, rather than drop bombs on them and cause more death and destruction.

Iraq is an easy target for the States too take out their agression from 9/11. Not too mention the free oil they'll receive after installing a democratic government in Iraq. People are going too die because of Bush's greed.

I totally beleive that terrorist strikes in the U.S are caused because of the way they act (government, not civilians, dont get me wrong on this).

And now I'm a little proud too be Canadian, since we aren't aiding the States in this illegal war. Glad too see our Prime Minister can think for himself sometimes.

Anyway, lets hope this crap ends quickly so no more lives have to end needlessly.

(edited for all kinds of mistakes
frown.gif
)

M

monstratman

This so called "war" is unjustified. How many times before has the US and other countries stood idlely by whilst atrosities have been carried out by the leaders of some countries?

They only seem to act when it's in their interest to do so. This war is about OIL. I fail to see it as a coincidence as Bush and several members of his cabinet were board members of some of the largest energy companies in the US and that Iraq has the second largest oil fields in the world.

Pray for the safety of the Iraqi people, they are the ones who are gonna bear the brunt of Bush's madness.
mad.gif

Flea

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Me too, I´ve got something to add!
@korniekid:
The "arab-thread" how you call it, lived in this land formerly known as "Palästina", which is now, god bless the bible, your land... I won´t discuss if it´s right or not, but it´s just true...
but what to do with the former inhabitants of this country? Put them together in a piece of land, which is NOT very comfortable - with NOTHING to eat and no roof over their heads? well, that´s not enough, let´s play a bit and give them some bombs to eat, destroy their complete infrastructure and kill their fathers and mothers.... And now please tell me one thing:
isn´t mr. Ariel Sharon one of the greatest politicians on earth? or is he just a goddamn terrorist himself?!
If you ask our politicians and people in europe, many of them would subscribe to this opinion...but:
We still got the greatest nation in the whole wide word....the U.S.A ! And with them providing a gigantic lobby for jews worldwide, Ariel Sharon is allowed to sit there destroying everything that was once called Palästina! So he destroys their homes, their families and kills the children´s parents...but he can´t destroy their rageous minds that are supposed to do anything against their situation of nowadays...well, I agree, they do wrong, terrorising israel, but israel is on the wrong way to change something within their situation!

And now....as if it wasn´t long enough: To the new gulf-war:
This isn´t supposed to be a war that should free people from their dictator saddam hussein, this war is hold up for just one reason: the situation of America´s economy! Perhaps some of you have really realized it: economically you are one the way to the cellar! And oh, I forgot, Bush has also a second reason:
He finally can revenge his father and bring to an end, what his old man once began!
And noone can stop him...and that´s what makes me so upset about this topic!
From now on (as Bush has proven) THE UNITED STATES HAVE THE ABILITY TO ATTACK EVERY OTHER COUNTRY WITHOUT RECEIVING ANY CONSEQUENCES!
I hate to say it like this, but if i had a bomb, my first target would shurley be the white house!

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone, let's restrict the heavy debate over Kornkid to the post he opened in Off Topic. This is a thread of peace pledges.

I'd like to thank people like Phuzzz and Monkey for proving firsthand, whether they set out to do it or not, that not all Americans are as warmongery as Bush and co. The same can be said for Sobtanian, for Iraq. It makes a difference to know that countries involved in war are full of people like us, with names, faces, friends, family, emotions, hopes, dreams... not just some other number to chalk up under "collateral damage". Sobtanian, you in particular have my sympathy -- it must really be burning you up to see this happen, particularily since the country you're in now is also involved in the torching of Iraq... I hope we can get through this with as few people losing their tomorrows as possible, and I truly hope that your family isn't harmed either.

I'd also like to thank Mr.Curlynose. Even if I don't agree with your positions one bit, I will defend your right to say them. You kept your perspective controlled and communicated it without being blinded by nationalism or rage, and for that, I thank you.

Solution 9, Monkey and Flea also provide us with well-written speeches that until now have been more or less restricted to one or two people about the forum (and always about videogames -- I know, since I'm one of them). It's definitely interesting, and when this topic dies down I'm going to save the pages. Flea's response makes a nice counter to Kornkid's, too -- I was looking around hoping to hear from an intelligent Palestinian just to shut him up, and you've done that and more. Thanks.

As for my thoughts on the war: I oppose it, as I oppose all violence. My title to the contrary, I am a pacifist at heart. Given how it's on now, and thus inevitable, I'd be slightly less opposed to it if Blair were leading it since he's not blinded by rage and propaganda, and besides, he's smarter than Bush and the US Congress -- I think the Bush comparison is obvious, and I need only say two words to make everyone see what I meant by "congress" - "Freedom Fries". (What next? Freedom poodles? The return of the Statue of Liberty to France with a C.O.D.? Digitally editing Pepe le Pew out of old Warner Bros. cartoons?) I still would oppose it, but I'd fear it getting out of hand less.

More than this I'd better wait to say. I can tell you that I'm impressed with pretty much everyone here, and that I can only hope that this war ends soon. Being an agnostic athiest kinda makes it difficult for me to pray, but may whatever God you believe in show mercy on those souls who have to live firsthand through the devastation that is nigh. (I'm just waiting for Bush to acknowledge that maybe there's a god that some Americans believe in besides the Judao-Christian one... so I'll take the first steps. God bless Iraq. Allah bless America. Take the first steps toward putting aside the differences that caused this war, so that we may follow in step.)

-Tempest out.-

[edit]By the way, those other suggestions after "freedom fries" came from our university student's union newspaper's weekly Top Ten list which is usually full of sarcasm. This one was "Top Ten Ways the US can really stick it to the French". Don't take it seriously, we use the Top Ten as a joke, much like I use the Burlap Sack -- speaking of which, in you go, Bush administration and Saddam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more