PDP Battlefield 4 wired controller PS3

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Yepi69, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Yepi69
    OP

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Sooo I bought this controller right here http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Battlefield-Wired-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B00DJYTGYU and I wanted to use the Xinput driver with it on my laptop, Win 7 only recognizes as ''Battlefield 4 gamepad: PS3'' however it recognizes with direct input since the triggers are only normal buttons and the middle button doesn't even work, I tried manually installing the Xinput controller driver but no dice (get it?), I also used the Xbox 360 controller emulator and it does work fine, however like I said, it doesn't recognize the triggers correctly, only as buttons.

Is there a way to use the xinput driver with this controller? I mean, I was able to with the DS3 controller by using Scp Xinput Wrapper but it does not work with this controller.

2. Yepi69
    OP

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    bump

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Third party PS3 controllers are a bit more difficult to deal with on PC than other DS3 controllers. They're generally not supported with most XInput solutions like SCP Server or 360 emulators as they're not using official/recognized hardware, and unless the manufacturer themselves release an Xinput solution there's no good way to do it sans using x360ce (but you already tried that and the triggers don't work well).

I'm afraid you'll have to either deal with DirectInput or use another controller for PC gaming :/