PS1/2 PCSX2 performance questions

Radiobread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, so I've just got Persona 4 downloaded on PCSX2 1.4 with the intention of starting it in a few months' time - I just downloaded it this evening to test it out. I got as far as the first day of school (so, just one story battle) with lots of dialogue and cutscenes in between. Probably about half an hour into the game and it ran 100% speed with perfect sound on my laptop.

My main question is, can I expect it to run at a playable speed all the way through, or will it slow down to unbearable/unplayable speeds at certain points? No spoilers please. Thanks.

Laptop specs:

CPU: Intel i5-6200U (Skylake) @2.3GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520
Motherboard: Dell 06CMH7 (Intel Skylake-U chipset)

Thanks very much for any advice.

Bonus question: If I can play Persona 4, could I also play Ico and/or Shadow of the Colossus? I've heard the latter is one of the most CPU and GPU demanding PS2 games to emulate.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it did slow down to 57% on the BIOS, but didn't slow down at all in Persona 4.

Last edited by Radiobread,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey, so I've just got Persona 4 downloaded on PCSX2 1.4 with the intention of starting it in a few months' time - I just downloaded it this evening to test it out. I got as far as the first day of school (so, just one story battle) with lots of dialogue and cutscenes in between. Probably about half an hour into the game and it ran 100% speed with perfect sound on my laptop.

My main question is, can I expect it to run at a playable speed all the way through, or will it slow down to unbearable/unplayable speeds at certain points? No spoilers please. Thanks.

Laptop specs:

Bonus question: If I can play Persona 4, could I also play Ico and/or Shadow of the Colossus? I've heard the latter is one of the most CPU and GPU demanding PS2 games to emulate.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it did slow down to 57% on the BIOS, but didn't slow down at all in Persona 4.
That config is suitable for emulation. Just do some tweaks to the plugins and you will play em with no slow downs

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Laptop specs:

Why don t you play Icon and Shadow of the Colossus remastered for PS3 jailbreak ? I loved them but I am looking forward for PS4 version of Shadow of the Colossus and it is going to be remake and not remastered! :D

Radiobread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll have a look into plugin tweaking if I experience any slowdowns, thanks Byokugen.

azoreseuropa - that's a good idea but I'm happy enough with the emulator for now since I don't have a PS3. Thanks for the suggestion though and I hope you like the SotC remake when it comes out. I'll just play the original for now and see how I like it.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll have a look into plugin tweaking if I experience any slowdowns, thanks Byokugen.

azoreseuropa - that's a good idea but I'm happy enough with the emulator for now since I don't have a PS3. Thanks for the suggestion though and I hope you like the SotC remake when it comes out. I'll just play the original for now and see how I like it.
No problem, happy to help
I still enjoyed Shadow on the ps2, yeah ps3 runs better and it's more pretty :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE