Homebrew PCHex - Homebrew PKHex

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, if you read, edit and save to the game, there shouldn't be any problem.
svdt takes care of antisavegame restore if you use svdt to restore the save, so there's really nothing for you to worry unless you want to implement some kind of way to edit and restore files from the sd card, which may be old files (I'd rather just use svdt to take care of the savegame restoring part though)
that's strange because i corrupted my save trying to export a save from PCHeX (not writing directly yet) then writing it with save game manager which simply corrupted my save. i found out how to delete pokemon saves in the hidden save deletion thing with the button combination and then i had already prepared a backup of my save data before using PCHeX but wasn't able to restore old saves in my physical Omega Ruby cart with Save Manager for some reason but svdt worked instantly and i have all my bros back from my very recent backup. like I said PCHeX needs improvement. and I know it's in alpha stage that's why I'm posting about it in the thread so the dev knows what to fix or to look for. I'm not blaming anything on anyone. this isn't a blame game it's an attempt to improve a great idea put in practice by testing it and being prepared with save backups. it may not even be ready to write anything yet and it was excellent someone found out thru a test of it.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
that's strange because i corrupted my save trying to export a save from PCHeX (not writing directly yet) then writing it with save game manager which simply corrupted my save. i found out how to delete pokemon saves in the hidden save deletion thing with the button combination and then i had already prepared a backup of my save data before using PCHeX but wasn't able to restore old saves in my physical Omega Ruby cart with Save Manager for some reason but svdt worked instantly and i have all my bros back from my very recent backup. like I said PCHeX needs improvement. and I know it's in alpha stage that's why I'm posting about it in the thread so the dev knows what to fix or to look for. I'm not blaming anything on anyone. this isn't a blame game it's an attempt to improve a great idea put in practice by testing it and being prepared with save backups. it may not even be ready to write anything yet and it was excellent someone found out thru a test of it.
Did you have ONLY the pokemon savegame on the savedataBackup folder? if the folder has any other file than "main" (which is the pokemon savegame file) restore will fail because savemanager tries to restore EVERY file in the savedataBackup folder to the game, and runs out of space, thus failing.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have ONLY the pokemon savegame on the savedataBackup folder? if the folder has any other file than "main" (which is the pokemon savegame file) restore will fail because savemanager tries to restore EVERY file in the savedataBackup folder to the game, and runs out of space, thus failing.
if you activate the sekret option by pressing the L + R + B at startup you can select which main file you want to restore. obviously this didnt work for me and svdt worked with no problems. also svdt allows you to choose the main file on the SD card to restore from without needing to use a button combination at startup. also remember there are 2 save managers named Save manager and one of them has an underscore and not a space. the one without an underscore is the one with the hidden option to select the main file in a different folder. don't confuse the two. honestly though svdt seems the most reliable to me since it gets past errors when restoring old saves after booting a physical cart after a corrupted save is deleted. if theres something in the way of restoring an old save for whatever reason be it on a physical or digital save whether or not antisavegame restore is known to be on it or if something different is in the way of restoring, it seems to me svdt has the means to bypass it and restore the save even without kernel access.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You guys need to specify what app you are using to restore the saves.
Is it Save Data Filer (SDF) or SVDT?
ask yourself how many people do you think in this thread have kernel access on their 3ds. if you guessed right chances are most of us are using ironhax/ tubehax/ninjhax2 and either dont have the money for gateway or updated past 9.2 therefore it's unlikely it'd be save data filer as that requires kernel access. ninjhax2/ironhax/tubehax works on the latest update and i am pretty sure more people updated their 3ds than bought an expensive gateway or set aside their 3ds not updating past 9.2 so they could install cfw and run emunand. pretty sure more people wanted eShop access to play games. nothing against either that did either it's just it's probably more likely the save managers that dont require kernel access were used. edit: i left out information like firmware spoofing to get eShop access and other things but the idea is the focus on how likely it is updating vs not updating for hacks

Last edited by supermariorick, , Reason: left out some information had to clarify
Reactions: Favna

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys !
Sorry for being a bit late, had a busy week !
Just uploaded a new update !

What's new :
- Pokemon species, Move, Item and Pokeball editing (with a shiny new shitty terminal windows !)
- Pokemon Form handling, now the stats and ability will match the current form of the pokemon, you can also change the form ID
- Direct save exporting to the game, with automatic backups on the SD card

D

Deleted User

EDIT: Dumb me was being dumb.
For anyone having issues, ensure you use the D-Pad to change from 'System Settings' to the app you want.

Last edited by ,

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
found a bug when you open the held item menu it says at the top choose a move?
and cloning disabled for new update?
Nice update @Stracker, but when you try to choose a pokemon inside the species field the "l" character is missing, it just doesn't show.
You forgot to put the "L" character to select pokémons.
Yeah, seems I made some typos in the code handling the 'edit' windows, I'll be fixing that quickly

You can clone with copy/paste in the 'manage' tab

EDIT : Should be fixed now

Last edited by Stracker,

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
if possible can you show Pokemon Shiny Value and Trainer Shiny Value

TSV=int((TID xor SID) / 16)

TID=4293 SID=65266
Converted to hexadecimal
TID=A7BF SID=FEF2
A7BF xor FEF2=594D
Ignore the first number D
594 Converted into decimal 1428
TSV=1428
-------
PSV=int((PID HighID xor PID LowID) / 16)

PID= D5418C05 HighID=D541 LowID=8C05
D541 xor 8C05=5944
Ignore the first number 4
594 Converted into decimal 1428
PSV=1428

Last edited by srwgin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...