Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What is your PC/Laptops current uptime?
I rebooted it yesterday cause I installed Discord and noticed it had been running for 17 days and 5 hours.
I never shut me lappy down in all honesty, I just turn the screen off whenever I go to sleep.
It's been running 24/7 ever since I bought it 9 years ago.
The only times it sees offtime is when I'm cleaning the fan (sleep mode) or when I'm rebooting it, which usually isn't longer then a minute ;p
If I take it along with me to me mates, I usually put it into sleep mode as well.

KcAzzmK.png

To check your uptime, open Speccy and click on OS.

Edit: I wanted to post this thread yesterday, but kinda forgot ;')

Longest uptime on laptop/desktop: DinohScene, 17 d, 05h, 08m, 00s
Longest uptime on server: Juggernaut911 link

Last edited by DinohScene,

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
oJ4BvkI.png

About 4 hours - just came back from gym and lunch. In reality, up time doesn't really matter. I try to keep my stuff patched and whatnot. Kill-A-Watt says that my current system idles at about 65-80W which isn't bad. But a full bootup (power to desktop) is less than 5 seconds.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shut it off for power, and as I have a SSD if I turn it on when I get up in the morning to go for a piss it is all on and sorted when I get back, even if I decide to have 400 odd tabs open.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Since the battery in my laptop stopped working recently, I always put it in hibernation mode whenever I'm not using it. I rarely ever shut it down/restart. I think the next time I properly shut it down is when I install Linux Mint on it. :D

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jQvf9p6.png

2D 15.5H on the notebook according to Rainmeter, although it'd be higher if I wasn't switching between Linux and Windows frequently. Desktop is at 0 as I usually leave it turned off to conserve power and component lifetime, and have Windows quick boot turned off.

D

Deleted User

3 hours.

In case you're wondering, I turn off the lights when I leave a room too. And any visitor that stays the night in my house is going to do the same. You know why? Because I'm not a piece of shit that wastes resources.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can jump into some of the sql boxes from work and show those off if we're going for the high score. Some of those are shy of a year. Some of the nix boxes are probably multiple years

Present them, by all means!

Then again, servers easily win from lappies/desktops if this where a competition.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, I'll update the OP then.
See if someone can beat that ;p

No identifying info in this post. These results are pretty small for a company btw...

Okay so quick code that I threw together for this: http://pastebin.com/2AyEn9AU

Gist of results (just a couple larger ones. only ran the script for like a couple minutes so it didn't hit everything)
main finance server has 396 days
a web server has 390
a specific HIPAA fax server has 380
a web app server has 380
one of our sans has 375
our headquarters proxy has 263

A lot of our would-be-bigger boxes are barely double digits due to a recent data center move that we're half way through. Womp womp. Even most of our esxi boxes are 2 months tops right now...

At the end of typing this, I noticed that we have an XP test VM (legacy) that has 338 which is dope for XP.

Only screenshot I am willing to take is of the first one with the highest score: http://i.imgur.com/9S3jveH.png

Reactions: DinohScene

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the max mine gets is 18 hours or so. Only time it's on longer, is if it's doing something while I sleep (encoding etc), but 99% of it's use is gaming, so it's off most nights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D